Trying to track down a Truck book?

bubbleman:
Hello,heres a few pics from the book.

The Daf on the North Circ.

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Hi, dusting of this topic :slight_smile: Great picture of a Van Straaten truck, do you have the isbnnr of this book or is it the same book?

I have a fb page of the Van Straaten company, was very active in the UK untill 2000, so every picture makes me happy:

facebook.com/groups/1568650923450982/

Like to hear from you

The picture of the GW Van Straaten Mercedes is the inside front cover of the same book.

Aha, I understand now. Thanx.

rich007:
Hi All,

I don’t know if anyone can help me on this one?

I 'm trying to track down a book depicting European trucking images from the mid - late 70’s and 80’s ( my youth!). Its long gone from my parents loft and wondered if any one recognised the following description?.

The book had light blue covers, was a medium sized soft back book and mostly featured images of European trucks. From memory, some of the pictures included… a Volvo F88 climbing a Austrian pass, a DAF 3300 on a deserted London dual carriageway on a sunny Sunday evening, trucks waiting at Smithfields to load ( and tip) and some European removal trucks. At the time, as a 10 year old I thought the pictures were fantastic ( and still are) I never thought all these years later I would be working for DAF!

It was a long time ago, and probably a bit vague, but I wondered if someone knows what I’m on about? and if so where I can track a copy down? As I work in the industry, it would be nice to re-live those images?

Here’s hoping someone may recognise the description?

Many thanks

Richard
Richard Warner
DAF Trucks UK

You might even get it on Amazon.I’ve got a book The History of Ford Commercial Vehicles and thought I wouldn’t be able to find one but there are a few of these about.I haven’t replaced mine but I should do as all the leaves are coming out.Beware you lads of published by Haynes books they fall apart like their repare manuals.

Tony

Hi All,

I don’t know if anyone can help me on this one?

I 'm trying to track down a book depicting European trucking images from the mid - late 70’s and 80’s ( my youth!). Its long gone from my parents loft and wondered if any one recognised the following description?.

The book had light blue covers, was a medium sized soft back book and mostly featured images of European trucks. From memory, some of the pictures included… a Volvo F88 climbing a Austrian pass, a DAF 3300 on a deserted London dual carriageway on a sunny Sunday evening, trucks waiting at Smithfields to load ( and tip) and some European removal trucks. At the time, as a 10 year old I thought the pictures were fantastic ( and still are) I never thought all these years later I would be working for DAF!

It was a long time ago, and probably a bit vague, but I wondered if someone knows what I’m on about? and if so where I can track a copy down? As I work in the industry, it would be nice to re-live those images?

Here’s hoping someone may recognise the description?

Many thanks

Richard
Richard Warner
DAF Trucks UK

Hello Richard,welcome to T/net…perhaps this is the book you’re looking for. :smiley:

Hi Bubbs,

That looks spot on! You 're a star!! Can you post any images? Now i have to track one down!!!

Many thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,I can try but as its very old and a soft back it’ll be difficult to scan without damaging it.Will have a go and put up what I can but that will be tomorrow as I’m off to work …ok

bubbleman:
Hello Richard,welcome to T/net…perhaps this is the book you’re looking for. :smiley:

Pictures man, pictures!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Hi,

Don’t damage the book! It’s enough that you 've helped answer a question that’s been going on for ages!!! :smiley:

Much appreciated!

Richard

rich007:
Hi,

Don’t damage the book! It’s enough that you 've helped answer a question that’s been going on for ages!!! :smiley:

Hiya… have a try on E bay. theres always plenty of truck magazines for sale…check the sellers with plenty
of truck mags. ask if they have one thats not advertised ,.they may sell it to you.
John

Go to a site like Book Butler! Just checked it myself & they have 13 copies for sale starting at £5.33 all used!
ISBN number for the book is 0850454891.
Had the book but don’t know where it is anymore-there are some great pictures in it!!!

one of my favorites from the book !

im gonna have to by this book :smiley:

Hello,heres a few pics from the book.

The Daf on the North Circ.

curnock:

That has got to be the smartest looking Marathon I have ever seen, the Transconti looks great too!!

jimbotruck:

curnock:

That has got to be the smartest looking Marathon I have ever seen, the Transconti looks great too!!

When the Marathon 2 was launched the advertisement picture looked great,i think it`s logo was shhhs Marathon 2