Trying to track down a Truck book?

rich007:
Hi All,

I don’t know if anyone can help me on this one?

I 'm trying to track down a book depicting European trucking images from the mid - late 70’s and 80’s ( my youth!). Its long gone from my parents loft and wondered if any one recognised the following description?.

The book had light blue covers, was a medium sized soft back book and mostly featured images of European trucks. From memory, some of the pictures included… a Volvo F88 climbing a Austrian pass, a DAF 3300 on a deserted London dual carriageway on a sunny Sunday evening, trucks waiting at Smithfields to load ( and tip) and some European removal trucks. At the time, as a 10 year old I thought the pictures were fantastic ( and still are) I never thought all these years later I would be working for DAF!

It was a long time ago, and probably a bit vague, but I wondered if someone knows what I’m on about? and if so where I can track a copy down? As I work in the industry, it would be nice to re-live those images?

Here’s hoping someone may recognise the description?

Many thanks

Richard
Richard Warner
DAF Trucks UK

You might even get it on Amazon.I’ve got a book The History of Ford Commercial Vehicles and thought I wouldn’t be able to find one but there are a few of these about.I haven’t replaced mine but I should do as all the leaves are coming out.Beware you lads of published by Haynes books they fall apart like their repare manuals.

Tony