Awesome Asian Transport/Astran painting at Gaydon!

Reknowned truck artist Alan Spillet has now completed a really superb painting of an early Asian Transport/Astran Scania 110 drawbar outfit. BGH 172H is seen passing Mount Ararat. This is the vehicle that Gordon Pearce and Ray Neal shared on the very first commercial journey to Doha in November 1970.
Apart from the original painting, there will be only 50 special edition prints available, printed by the British National Library to a very high standard. All 50 have been signed personally by Alan. 15 prints have already “gone” before they have been advertised and the rest will be on sale at Gaydon during the Classic Commercial Vehicle show next weekend - Sat 11th and Sunday 12th June.
Both Gordon and Ray will be attending Gaydon and both will be signing the prints. This will make a very collectable and interesting painting for the future as Alan has decided to retire and this is one of his last commissions.

Unframed prints will be £40 with beautifully framed at £95.

measurements;
unframed prints = 23" x 16 1/2"
framed prints = 29" x 22"

Please note; Gordon will be there both days, but Ray can only attend on Sunday.

If you would like one of these sought after prints, and would like both driver’s signatures, please come to the model show exhibition in the main hall at 10 am on Sunday where you can meet both Gordon and Ray.
Please contact me - Ash (PM) for more details.

All proceeds will go to the Point Foundation a registered charity that works in Rwanda and other African countries.

If you would like to reserve a print please email Charles Trace at: charles.trace@pointfoundation.co.uk
Or contact me - Ash through a PM here.

Alan dropped mine off on friday Ashley,its a great print.

hi ash.
i will be at gaydon,i think i had better invest in one of those prints :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
regards andrew.