W.H.WILLIAMS (spennymoor)

paulycats:
Obviously don’t know how long you had this motor for Carl (RPT 601M) but i’m sure it holds some significance/memories? They say that machines have no heart/relevance, i disagree. Because they give us memories/emotions, they become lifelike to us as driver’s/owner’s? Obviously not as significant as our children but we love them all the same (well mostly) :laughing:

You have that exactly right there Paulycats.

Although RPT601M was a vehicle that on average represented the poor quality of Leyland Products in particular Lynx, Boxer & Laird which sadly we ran quite a few, it still represents part of my life. It was the second van where our Company Coachskill built the body and certainly at the time of building we had such high hopes of its performance. But like you said I know they certainly were not human, strangely I developed feeling about them. Like you say about children at times you might not agree or like what they do, you still love them. So although that Boxer caused grief by continually breaking down & costing time & money on repair, I was delighted when a photo when it was new turned up, & sad seeing it batted and neglected waiting to be scrapped.

I’m sure you will understand, whereas many will think I am mad.