Mercedes-benz NG and SK's Trucks

When working at Sparshatts as an apperentice in the early 80s. We had a 1628 customized it was called The Muscle Truck.
Does anybody have photos of it.TDL102 do you have some■■?.
It was painted black chassis and the colours were like Tiffany Sharwood colours champange i think
Air stack coming up the door pillar, full chassis infill and some art work by John the brush,Air kit, Airhorns and many more bits
I think Mercs used for promo work? :question:

Andy L:
When working at Sparshatts as an apperentice in the early 80s. We had a 1628 customized it was called The Muscle Truck.
It was painted black chassis and the colours were like Tiffany Sharwood colours champange i think
Air stack coming up the door pillar, full chassis infill and some art work by John the brush,Air kit, Airhorns and many more bits

Bedford TM was the original “muscle truck” wasnt it ? :laughing:

Always thought these were bullet proof as motors. I’ve driven quite a few different 1834’s & 2035’s in the past although the best one seemed to be an 1831. It was geared to do 56 at around 1100rpm so the EPS got stirred a bit on the hills, but it would pull if needed. It scared me to death one day on the M11 down the hill at Harlow, in a bit of a rush to get home I thought it would be a good idea to go for a touch of “Aberdeen Booster”, slipped it into neutral & it promptly stalled in the middle lane nudging past 60:oops: ! I can tell you the back end seemed to bounce a little when I bumped it back to life on the clutch after using the “roundabout function” (button in - push left & then forward iirc?). Never did that again!
Sometimes felt a bit claustrophobic in that bottom bunk on a night but never a motor to let you down.

Andy L:
Air stack coming up the door pillar, full chassis infill and some art work by John the brush,Air kit, Airhorns and many more bitstream

There were two “Truckers Trucks” one silver 4x2 and one black 6x2, the black one got sold to T Brady off the motor show stand if I remember rightly.
We have some pics somewhere I think, will have to dig them out.

A few from the meadows stable.
Meadows Solihull.

By whiplash_012 at 2008-10-23
Austin Rover Cowley

By whiplash_012 at 2008-10-22
Dover Docks

By whiplash_012 at 2010-03-10
Swords,Ireland

By whiplash_012 at 2010-06-07
Swords, Ireland

By whiplash_012 at 2010-06-07

Awaiting Customs Clearance at Dun Laoghaire.

By whiplash_012 at 2011-02-19
Sunday afternoon,heading for out!

By whiplash_012 at 2009-09-13
Loading Belgium

By whiplash_012 at 2009-02-02
Brat attack,Galway

By whiplash_012 at 2009-02-01
Meadows Solihull

By whiplash_012 at 2011-06-15

By whiplash_012 at 2011-06-15

pete 359:
this one owner 1735 has recently been sold.she will be heading to south wales for full restoration in a couple of weeks :sunglasses: .

My Uncles’ best mate, Pete Horne drove that; Went all over the UK delivering paving slabs and Cherry Products farm trailers. Pete had to restore his new truck, '54 plate Foden Alpha :open_mouth:

line up of all the Mercedes-benz bradys got when he got the black one :smiley:

one i drove for a little while back in 1991

Seaton Burn Depot.Larry

M&S Southampton 2028

Wheel Nut:
There used to be that blue minter from Lancashire on the show circuit, was it Ray Leigh or was it somebody Ray from Leigh or something?

At last someone has put a photo up from the early eighties

Ray Leigh Transport

[album][/albu

L8FR8:
[album][/albu

Happy days 93

Only just found this thread, I’ve already posted a few pics on the Kent Transport pages, but here is a brochure from the 82 Commercial Show.

Hi Tyreman good leaflet keep them coming in . Tony

Here’s another for the 1617 rigid. Dated October 1982

Some I’ve dug out from up north.

Spotted this rigid in Sussex, still working for a living, 20 years old.

006.jpg