BOLLIES BANGERS (Old Time Volvos, Scanias ......)

Truck Traveller:
Hi Folks,

Bollies Banger F89 number 3 back at base.
In’t Garage Undercover
Backside
Creature Comforts

Just one more to follow.

HELP PLEASE

I trying to trace a vehicle’s history and I was wondering if any of you good Trucknet folks could help.

Scania 143M 450 V8 4x2 Topliner - Registration number L7ANS (Private Plate)

Thanks for looking.

Kind regards

Simon

You may have sorted this by now but the history of a vehicle can be obtained from DVLA as long as the current registered keeper requests it, it costs about a fiver.

Thanks Frankie.

BREAKING NEWS
If you fancy owning one of the spanish Volvo F89’s photographed in this thread, Bollie will consider selling for any reasonable offer.

If you’re interested, send me a PM (personal message) and we will take it from there.

Kind regards

Simon

hi does anybody have a picture of tso33s was all airbrushed up in godfather livery?
ive got what remains of it but can see just a wee bit of the artwork

scrapper:
i all,what an interesting thread.I am restoring an F89 at the moment (ALP 61S) and would be glad to hear from anyone who has any info about her history,thanks Dave.

Nothing I can tell you about that motor Scrapper that you don’t already know. :wink:

But for others. That was the late Tony Buckles’ motor which my wife and I drove to Italy and back for one trip back in '83. Our motors had got switched in a mix up over servicing and we had intended to swap over half (Tony was in mine, NVB something :blush: ) way as, like most blokes we hated driving ‘foreign’ wagons.

Unfortunately we spotted each other through the smoke of the steel works on the ski jump French side of the Blanc and had to endure till we got back to Aylsham. One of the fastest trips I made trying to make sure that mine didn’t get sent out again. :laughing:

It wasn’t of course on that trip but on one when were all in Savona together when Tony pulled Fran out of the sea where she had waded in for a midnight dip. It was her 40th and we had had a big party at a mate of Umberto’s (he was closed that night but came round with us). Fran couldn’t swim and was waving in the surf. I told him not to bother, she was enjoying herself, but he said no, she was drowning, and set off down the beach. She was, she didn’t, and is still here sitting right beside me as I type. Thanks Tony. :smiley:

Yeah thanks for that,i have heard a few tales about Tony he was obviously a very well liked bloke.I occasionally speak to his son Julian about him and White Trux :slight_smile:

Hi folks,

Here’s some photos of Bollies ‘old’ new banger.

A 1946 Leyland Intrim Beaver.

Unfortunately the beer barrels are all bone dry.

Mirrors and wipers (judging by their size) were obviously not regarded as priority back then.

Having seen just how much effort was required to maneouver this old girl around the yard, you really have to admirer the guys that drove these wagons all day.

Kind regards
Simon

Another one waiting to be bollied!!

Wheel Nut:

And there you are within the hour. Radclive Transport and John L Kent operated this vehicle.

Sorry wrong thread!!

Slope:

Wheel Nut:

And there you are within the hour. Radclive Transport and John L Kent operated this vehicle.

Sorry wrong thread!!

I’ll get this right soon :blush:

John Kent was a mate of my dads. Just asked my dad and he said Jonnie had died.

He used to do Spain all the time so that’s how probably ended up in Las Palmas.

FJO 522S was owned briefly by a guy named Gerry Holmes after John Kent swapped it for the F12. Gerry was from the North West somewhere but when he owned it he lived in either Mickleton or Weston Subedge in N/east Glos . When I had my yard at Toddington I borrowed it a few times to load from British Alcan at Rogerstone.

Laurie Dryver:
FJO 522S was owned briefly by a guy named Gerry Holmes after John Kent swapped it for the F12. Gerry was from the North West somewhere but when he owned it he lived in either Mickleton or Weston Subedge in N/east Glos . When I had my yard at Toddington I borrowed it a few times to load from British Alcan at Rogerstone.

Hi Noel,
Not the Gerry Holmes that had a kenworth (subbed to grangewood)and then a furniture business? He used to be on here,a couple of years back :sunglasses: .
Regards andrew.

No Andrew, different Gerry Holmes I will double check his surname with Paul Selway with whom he was quite friendly. Regards

Laurie Driver have sent you a PM cheers Buzzer.

Hi folks,

The latest addition to the BB collection - This tidy Scania 111.

Happy days :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers
Simon

That looks good, RHD too, where’d he find that one?
Neil.

stunning 111 that niel

Did you go for your class one Simon?
Chris

did all those F89s get sold?

anybody know how much they went for?

some find!

One has been sold to an enthusiast in bucks.
The same one that went to the essex auction, but the internet bidder from ireland gave backword and lost his £500 deposit.

Pic showing NJE 776R, late Jim Hacking sent me some a few years before his death

Regards
■■■■ van den Heuvel
Holland

w-bl f89 geparkeerd bomen.jpg