Volvo f89 parts

UPDATE:

Work has started on preparing the replacement cab now, so hope fully you’ll be seeing progress in pictures soon.

A couple of things I am still on the look out for and would be grateful for any help locating are a good fuel tank and a 70’s style roof top air con unit [Kaiser?]
Thankyou, Rowland.

Hi Rowland,

Have you tried Simon Carpenter? He has a F88 is from Crudwell, he was parked next to me at Gaydon.

The attached picture is from South Cerney.

Regards

Ryan

Thanks for the tip Ryan, Rowly has had a chat with Simon at one of the shows this year.

Heres a picture sent to me to put on by Dai Connor [Echo143]. Its Rowlands 141 in its previous life.

r141.jpg

Lovely looking workshop :stuck_out_tongue:

A man and his shed makes for a happy life!

mechanic77:
Thanks for the tip Ryan, Rowly has had a chat with Simon at one of the shows this year.

Heres a picture sent to me to put on by Dai Connor [Echo143]. Its Rowlands 141 in its previous life.

I’ve seen pics of this motor before, didn’t realize it was rowly’s

Work has begun on Rowlands replacement cab in the Advance workshop.
Neil.

mechanic77:
Work has begun on Rowlands replacement cab in the Advance workshop.
Neil.

Any ideas what the colour scheme will be Neil?
Pete.

Still undecided as yet Pete.

Today my cab has been stripped back to bare metal courtesy of Ranceford shotblasting.
Rowland.

:smiley: :slight_smile: :wink:

rward:
Today my cab has been stripped back to bare metal courtesy of Ranceford shotblasting.
Rowland.

Some quality steel there Rowland, looking forward to seeing this progress, keep the pics coming.

Cheers, Jimbo.

flamin eck, no rust :slight_smile: :slight_smile: shame about the dents but other than that perfect :slight_smile:

keep the pics comin roland.

cheers
gaz

It should be primed by now and then ready to straighten those dents out. A great starting point though.
Neil.

do you mean this f88 my mate had it for about 12 mounths

pete 359:

3300John:

mechanic77:

3300John:
Hiya …dose anyone know if Lanc Biscome still has is F88 ■■? is he still doning shows■■?
cheers John

I believe Lance now has an F10 and will be at Gaydon with it this year.

Cheers
John

HI ALL,
where and how ? does my good friend lance get in on this thread :astonished: .lance’s f88 john,has been sold,several years ago now.i last saw that motor in ireland in 2007.lance is a great friend whom i have got to know and respect over the past 11 years.he is a great guy :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:.
regards andrew.

8226_12_1.jpg

jimbotruck:

rward:
Rowland.

Some quality steel there Rowland, looking forward to seeing this progress, keep the pics coming.

Cheers, Jimbo.

ranceford even gets to laydown on the job looking good “rowley”

dai echo i should charge him for resting

Very sound cab…a good find…how did the rear upper section get dented?

Great job Rowland! I’m from Greece and i’m really happy that you saved a truck from sure scrapping. Truck restoration is still in kindergarten level despite that Greece is a paradise for old trucks. Lots of F89 are still on the road. We re a few people owing classic trucks but growing rapidly.Unfortunately i sold my rigid F89 a few months ago, and focused on a N86.
I can remember your truck. It was pulling a kind of flight or rally simulator at fun fair parks. From the grille on top of the roof i can tell that it came to Greece as used probably from Scandinavia . For sure it’s a truck with long story behind.(and shiny future i believe!)
I’ll be happy to help with any spares i can find here.

Hi GR diesels, welcome, I did know my F89 had done the funfairs. Parts are hard to get, so any help would be great.

I was told there were still 89s running around out there, over here there are none, there is one guy running a F88 on logs, fair play to him.

Do you know Antoni from Ermis trucks, Athens? what a good, straight guy to deal with.

It would be good if you could put some Greek Volvos on here,
regards and best wishs for xmas Rowland

I kept the logo and hang it on my basement wall to remember.