SCANIA 142's

scania 142

volvo runner:
scania 142

sorry 141 but even better :smiley:

I took this pic years ago .Never did spot the 141 on the side thanks for that :blush:

steptoe:
Here are a couple of pictures of Curtis’s 142E when it was nearly new, one in the tyne tunnel and then years later in all blue livery with a ballast box fitted.

The T series looked almost impossibly modern in 1980, didn’t it? Best looking bonnetted wagon of all time.

One of the worst points for the 6x2 tag axle was the atrocious ride.
The two rear axles being linked gave a ride that you never forgot.
The “Abortion Way” east of Antwerp was only used once,NEVER a second time.
[/quote]
I’m thinking the ‘Abortion Way’ was the E39, always known as the 39 steps to us.
[/quote]
Hey, The abortion moterway,officially The King Boudoin Autostrade, completed in 1964 was after 2,3 years already so deformed that it wasn’t to drive with a tipper or cement bulk, which came even worse with containertanks . The climax was the Pulle bridge collapsed 2 years after construction.
It stayed so until the mid '90’s, Than in the '90’s the worst renovation it underwent,because of our very CLEVER moterway engineers. Don’t speek me about motorway engineering here in Belgium. At the and of the '60’s a plan was made to avoid traffic jams the solution came 5 years to late,nowadays it comes 20 years to late if it ever comes■■?
One of the first still with the 141 engine in 1980.

Cheers Eric,

hey,still more of the first ones.

Cheers Eric,

tiptop495:
One of the worst points for the 6x2 tag axle was the atrocious ride.
The two rear axles being linked gave a ride that you never forgot.
The “Abortion Way” east of Antwerp was only used once,NEVER a second time.

I’m thinking the ‘Abortion Way’ was the E39, always known as the 39 steps to us.
[/quote]
Hey, The abortion moterway,officially The King Boudoin Autostrade, completed in 1964 was after 2,3 years already so deformed that it wasn’t to drive with a tipper or cement bulk, which came even worse with containertanks . The climax was the Pulle bridge collapsed 2 years after construction.
It stayed so until the mid '90’s, Than in the '90’s the worst renovation it underwent,because of our very CLEVER moterway engineers. Don’t speek me about motorway engineering here in Belgium. At the and of the '60’s a plan was made to avoid traffic jams the solution came 5 years to late,nowadays it comes 20 years to late if it ever comes■■?
One of the first still with the 141 engine in 1980.

Cheers Eric,
[/quote]

at night we used to drive in the fast lane, it was a little bit less worse and your plastic teeth would not come lose! :laughing:

dcal:
at night we used to drive in the fast lane, it was a little bit less worse and your plastic teeth would not come lose! :laughing:

Hey dcal, now it is the E313 since the mid '80’s before it was the A13 the Belgian official number who is still in use but never named. Before that time it was called the King Baudoin motorway on the radio or TV.

Cheers Eric,

One still doing a bit in Stuttgart recently (woops its a112 sorry)

These are a few recent pictures of my 142 - i took it to a mate who works at a small firm who have always been Scania (with the notable exception of a handful Kenworth K100s).
They sold off their last 142 for export across to Africa. It had clocked 1’700’000 kms and had been sitting on the yard until the African finally came to pick it up some two years later than had been agreed. A pari of batteries and apparently it went immediately!

Anyway. Here are some pictures (in good company)

[[/URL

This is how she was when I bought her in 2011, only 157’000 kms since new and fully documented service history.
[I posted these on here before but quite some new names on here…]

](Photo Storage)

tiptop495:

dcal:

Hey dcal, now it is the E313 since the mid '80’s before it was the A13 the Belgian official number who is still in use but never named. Before that time it was called the King Baudoin motorway on the radio or TV.

Cheers Eric,

Hi Eric, yeah I know, I still take the E313 sometimes, the surface is ok now, but with the traffic nowadays it takes you twices as much time
to get from Lummen to Antwerp today, so a bump more or less at 25 mph would not make any differance anymore :wink:

Rikki! It’s gone big again. It’s taking up all three lanes of the E313! :smiley:

This 142 is still running Greece to uk it.s fitted with a 500bhp 143 engine.

S J Selfes 142 from east london.

own ,and drive this from september1992´to april 2004 a 1983 420 ,love it still ,as well as i love the 144 have drive since ,we usual don,t get new one before the latest past date has gone ,the 142 was 1,4 milljon and the 144 is now 1,66 and still going ,life of countryside truckers:)

My Old 142

blackshadow:
My Old 142

Is it one of Mervyn Appleby’s old ones with the Wolves reg. number?

mustang142.jpg

My old 142