PAN EXPRESS

Great looking at some of those old photos…

I was on with Pan Express during the late 90’s/ early 00’s and I remember some of those Pan Arabian photos in the office/potacabin …lol !!!

Liked working for them, two of the best bosses (Dave & Andy) I’ve ever worked for…always straight with ya and some good lads on there too !!!

305.pan Express.jpg

anybody know dave telford friend of my cousin in the day johnny bland who was on brs overland then biffo/funstones Royston doing m./e. :smiley:

Here you go Stevejones

A picture of Dave Telford hard at work in the office. On the beach car park at Kavala, Sitting beside Tony Soameson’s trailer with one of Daysons topped going home.

All the very best

Mick B

harry:

Hi Harry, have you digitally enhanced Dave Telford…

harry:

Harry…Can you do anything at all with this …not my finest camera work I’ll admit.

This was taken in Kizletepe on-route to the border at Zacho…1981

Blip

Blip

tks for pics mick b my cousin was friends with dave telford on the m/e work is dave still alive :smiley:

stevejones:
tks for pics mick b my cousin was friends with dave telford on the m/e work is dave still alive :smiley:

I haven’t seen Dave since 1990, I think I would have heard if he wasn’t. Here’s a photo in his more usual pose…

All the very best

Mick B

tks a lot m8 appreciate it :smiley:

Here’s one, not my photo.

pan scania.jpg

Dieseldog66:
Here’s one, not my photo.

This is a photo of my truck MWC 333V after Johnie Jenkinson took it on. You have to say that is a proper truck. . Just to give you some back ground on it, John Ellingham had it before me…So the old girl had been round the block once or twice…

All the very best

Mick B

lovely looking 141 m8 they sure don’t make em like they used to :smiley:

chalkey:
Does anyone have any information / stories/photographs concerning this company back in the 1970’s

thankyou :open_mouth:

Hi Chalkey, I see you started this thread off way back when, did you ever work for Pan’s
. as I seem to recall a guy Jock White that worked for Pan Arabian Transport back in the day (1975 1979)
would that be you?

All the very best.
Mick B

Hi PanX.This is long shot you might be able to help!!
Would you remember a guy who worked for Pan Express in colnbrook.
His name is Mick Markham.We used to work together at Roy Bowles transport when they were in pump lane Hayes.
This would be in the 70,s
After working with Bowles,I worked for a company suppling electric cables and I sure Pan did some work for us transporting to the M/E.
OH but its so long ago!!!
Cheers Mick Kirton

mickthebrush:
Hi PanX.This is long shot you might be able to help!!
Would you remember a guy who worked for Pan Express in colnbrook.
His name is Mick Markham.We used to work together at Roy Bowles transport when they were in pump lane Hayes.
This would be in the 70,s
After working with Bowles,I worked for a company suppling electric cables and I sure Pan did some work for us transporting to the M/E.
OH but its so long ago!!!
Cheers Mick Kirton

Hi Mick,

Yes, I remember Mick Markham, he used to be the Transport Manager for the international side of Pans when I first worked for Pans in 1977. I’m almost sure that he had his younger brother or nephew working in the office at some stage. Mick Markham would have been in his early 30’s then and I think he came from Leeds or Doncaster. Did you know any one else on Pans?

All the very best
Mick B

PanX:

stevejones:

I haven’t seen Dave since 1990, I think I would have heard if he wasn’t. Here’s a photo in his more usual pose…

All the very best

Mick B

Last time I saw Dave Telford was in the customs compound in Izmir when the customs was on strike for ten days, this would be about '85/'86.

PanX:
Here you go Stevejones

A picture of Dave Telford hard at work in the office. On the beach car park at Kavala, Sitting beside Tony Soameson’s trailer with one of Daysons topped going home.

All the very best

Mick B

Shared a pot of The Earl with Tony Soameson on Kavala beach more than once. I even introduced him to Coffee with Bailey’s which he thought quite novel.
I’ll never forget the time at the Kiziltepe park when Tony was parked up in the line behind another line of trucks, on the slope.
There was a group of guys sat around Tony’s trailer box chewing the fat over a brew when I pulled onto the park.
The engine was running on Tony’s Daf, (Was it a 3300 or a 3600?), and at some time he must have tried to move it when the air was down, so he’d left it ticking over to build up the air while having the brew.
The only thing was, he’d forgotten to put the parking brake back on, and the next thing we knew, there was a hiss as the brakes came off and the rig started to roll towards the back of the line of trucks in front.
Those sat by the trailer box could not comprehend what was happening as the teapot and mugs suddenly started moving.
But Tony realised in an instant what was happening and I’ve never seen anyone move as fast, he ran around the front of the truck, it was a left ■■■■■■, opened the door and got his hand on the brake pedal, the truck just stopped about a foot from the truck in front.
Tony was shaking like a leaf, it would not have been half as difficult if the truck had been a right ■■■■■■, but it was lucky he did not trip in his haste round the front to get to the drivers door or things could have turned out much worse!

Parked up just outside Kapicule, you can just about see the lake/car park in the background…It didn’t take long before someone turned up to flog you something…

This photo was taken in France circa 1981 en route to Istanbul by Buller Ward who did a couple of trips for Pans. No German Permits so off through France Italy…disasterous trip.

All the very best

Mick B