Why did British Leyland fail?

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:
Mainly because LSD (£££) Transport Group Ltd. stopped spec’ing their new Fodens with 680 Power Plus engines ! :wink: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Dennis, I have done a lot of dock work in my day along with the lads that I employed, There was good money to be made in the 6o/70s When there was plenty of work about, But the Dockers were a different lot of blokes to the likes of you & me as hauliers They got paid regardless, If it rainend they sat in the dockers shelter, If it was windy they wouldnt load Silver Sand because it may have got into their eyes, But I bet they went out to their local boozer when it was raining, Like I said before They invented the words R.SOLES, Regards Larry. Stay safe my friend.

My dad was of the same opinion as you Lawrence , he never liked going to Liverpool for the simple reason that they were always messed about and held up. Strikes were regular apparently. There was a documentary on the invention of the container an American haulier by all accounts and it led onto British docks and how the dockers were holding the countries importers/exporters to ransom and it was decided to build a brand new dock at Felixstowe. Liverpool , Hull and London dockers didn’t come out of it with any stripes