Len Valsler Transport

Not seen this photo on here before. I wonder why! Seriously though, It can happen to the best of us. Happened to me, luckily with an empty trailer, when I worked for Mitchell & Robertson at Staplehurst in about 74. A job had just come up and I was instructed to go and load it. Jumped up in my Scammell Crusader, pulled away but the pin wasn’t engaged properly. Bang behind me. Stopped immediately so as not to rip out the airlines and sat there very embarrassed in front of the two bosses, yard manager, two day loaders and another driver. John Norley, who was the yard manger didn’t say a word just jumped on the forklift came over to me told me to disconnect the lines and pull my unit forward. He then lifted the front of the trailer and I wound the legs down before backing back under the trailer. Job done in a matter of minutes. Perhaps everybody knew how embarrassed I was because nobody said a word and it was all forgotten about. Well, whilst I was in earshot. Who knows what was said as soon as I was out of the yard.