aec

Thank you Ramone, yes been away for a few weeks. No, no new books. That market is finished I’m afraid, killed off by the internet and sites such as this. The much reduced numbers of books that are sold now makes most titles too costly to be viable for a small former publisher such as me. Old Pond publishing is still keen to publish lorry books, but he has a wide spread of titles and special interest subjects and he bought all my residual stock of books.

G’day fellas,

Do any of you know where I can get hold of one of the small paper back books on the V8 Mandator?

I have most of the others in the series and would like to get hold of this one.

Cheers Jamie

Hiya …this little gem was in the auction at malcom harrisons she did’nt make reserve of 8K…
the fuel had run back in the tank so she was seen been towed around i think this put buyers off
she did kick in and sounded top notch.

is she ok Jamie
John

NZ JAMIE:
G’day fellas,

Do any of you know where I can get hold of one of the small paper back books on the V8 Mandator?

I have most of the others in the series and would like to get hold of this one.

Cheers Jamie

Gingerfold wrote a book on the V8 mandator

3300John:
Hiya …this little gem was in the auction at malcom harrisons she did’nt make reserve of 8K…
the fuel had run back in the tank so she was seen been towed around i think this put buyers off

is she ok Jamie
John

I saw this motor leaving Bradford early saturday morning on a low loader,i thought it was going to a show,i didn`t realise it was up for sale its the first time ive seen it

ramone:

3300John:

is she ok Jamie
John

I saw this motor leaving Bradford early saturday morning on a low loader,i thought it was going to a show,i didn`t realise it was up for sale its the first time ive seen it

Hiya i spoke to the owners they said they only did the pennine run each year with her so they decided to sell if i had’nt got my aec i would have had her…ive no room to store her…
John

Lawrence Dunbar:

Tidy motors were they new there?

3300John:

ramone:

3300John:

is she ok Jamie
John

Hiya i spoke to the owners they said they only did the pennine run each year with her so they decided to sell if i had’nt got my aec i would have had her…ive no room to store her…
John

Where was the sale John?

Yeah mate that Marshal looks good,she’s a bit of a show pony though,not a bad thing,I just like trucks to look well worked. Those sheets look pretty new too.

If Gingerfold is Graham Edge,then yep that’s the book I’m after.

We have a vintage run happening next week and I’m taking my mate’s Marshal ‘Thunder Guts’. She’s been in the shed for six months,so I’ve given her a bit of a birthday,oil change,grease,top tuned the engine,new horn and a few other bits and pieces.

I took her through for the six month ‘MOT’ test,failed on adjustment of head lights,park brake out of adjustment and a bit of rust in the door,bugger all really for an original 67 Ergo.

Here’s the old banger over the pit at work,the concrete block is a bit of weight to get better brakes.

IMG_0895.JPG

I went and picked up a load for the old girl today. It’s a 4x4 Leyland Chieftain,heavy little sucker at six tonnes. It’s pretty rough as you can see,but give it it’s due it fired up no worries for the first time in 11 months toady.

It’s going to a bloke in the south Island which will be a 1000k round trip.

Is that some kind of 4x4 conversion or just large tyres on the front?

Yeah mate it has been converted to a 4x4,it has Kirkstal hubs on the front,but I dont know what the front axle housing/diff is or what it came out off. The transfer/drop box could be a Bedford item. It’s all fairly agricultural with lots of lengths of angle iron holding it together.

It was used by a dairy company as a spreader with a tank,it was used for spreading whey,which I believe is good fertilizer.

Mate it is rough as guts,with rat’s nests in the cab,the starter, clutch fork,clutch plate and clutch master cylinder were all seized. I freed all these up to find the rear brakes were seized on too,although with the motor running it didn’t take much to free them up.

It’s quite a late one being a 1983 model.

NZ JAMIE:
Yeah mate it has been converted to a 4x4,it has Kirkstal hubs on the front,but I dont know what the front axle housing/diff is or what it came out off. The transfer/drop box could be a Bedford item. It’s all fairly agricultural with lots of lengths of angle iron holding it together.

It was used by a dairy company as a spreader with a tank,it was used for spreading whey,which I believe is good fertilizer.

Mate it is rough as guts,with rat’s nests in the cab,the starter, clutch fork,clutch plate and clutch master cylinder were all seized. I freed all these up to find the rear brakes were seized on too,although with the motor running it didn’t take much to free them up.

It’s quite a late one being a 1983 model.

Hiya Jamie… i think the rats nest was standard on that model

In this months Heritage Commercials magazine there`s an official AEC range brochure from 1962 and a section of it refers to turbo versions of 3 of their engines , the AVT470 @ 168 BHP, the AVT690 @ 244bhp and the AVT1100 @ 400 bhp ,the AVT1100 was i think mainly used on dump trucks and the super mammoth which were export vehicles but does anyone know anything about the other 2?