Scania 140,141,142 &143's

Wish I still owned it

Best 143

kr79:
Did they do away with the 470 fairly early on as most ones I have seen were 450s and then 500s.
McGoverns from weilsden had 6x4 420 143s with a day cab now that was a rare spec

A lot of these ex mc govern day cab 143,s were bought by Brocks haulage who,s yard is in purfleet and put on rubbish bulkers.

Big Al:
Taken in H.C.Wilson’s yard a few weeks ago

Taken at Leyland Commercial Museum Autumn gathering

regards Big Al

i love the 142 picture,thanks for posting. :sunglasses:

SAM_0644.JPG

SAM_0641.JPG

Itook these photo,s yesterday,this 142 is over 30 years old and still doe,s a regular run from greece to uk.The owner driver comes from cyprus where the truck is registered.It has a 500 bhp 143 engine in it now,still sounds the business.

scan0043 (2).jpg

Gonna sound proper sad.

Such a wonderful collection.

Serious need for a short door 113/143 now. (pipe dreams)

Many, many thanks. (Mr Duffy, yr a legend)

Any one know if there are any pictures of Applebys of wolverhampton on trucknet ,mississippi,haiwan five o, three steps to heaven,wuthering heights ect

Dan Punchard:
Any one know if there are any pictures of Applebys of wolverhampton on trucknet ,mississippi,haiwan five o, three steps to heaven,wuthering heights ect

Hi dan,
I posted a picture of one of their 142’s around a year-ish ago :unamused: .it’s on the South Wales thread somewhere?
Regards andrew.

pete 359:

Dan Punchard:

Hi dan,
I posted a picture of one of their 142’s around a year-ish ago :unamused: .it’s on the South Wales thread somewhere?
Regards andrew.

Cheers i will have look i cant remember all the lorry names but they were very smart my dad used to run out of coopers at smethwick with them up to sheffield or down to port talbot

My dads old 142 at truckfest in the 90s

Can any shed any light on this trucks history FHO921W I know it started life for water bros

This is one that my Dad drove for Bulldog International.
its main route was to Italy and back.
if anyone knows if its still in the UK some where could they let me know.

Anyone know the history of B 380 RHO 6x2 142 which I am in the process of restoring for a friend ?

A friend of mine just started to pull trailers with this 142

Long lost box of photos just found.
This was Saturday August 4th 1984.
Just collected from Scantrux.
Fuelled up,gear stowed and the whole of Europe awaits.
Those horrendous Dunlops were the first to go.

Scania141georgeyboy:
Can any shed any light on this trucks history FHO921W I know it started life for water bros

Hi George.
Yes the owner was arrested for GBH against an innocent Scania & the vehicle itself had to undergo some serious rehabilitation to remove the god awful abuse that have been dished out to it. :wink:

Scania141georgeyboy:

Not sure it started life with Dave and Mike Waters but they certainly owned it and had the Granning lift axle fitted

Regards Pat