J.H.Davies Haulage Widnes

These pics were sent to me by John Harrison an ex Davies driver,thanks John. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

9231_156429197599_548602599_2683844_318213_n.jpg

Great pics BIGRIG,
I used to deliver isocyanate and polypropolyne to a place in Widnes that made insulation, and JH Davies lads used to load out of there, can’t remember the name of the company… But that was in the early 90s :smiley:

Cheers mate,i will ask some of the lads do they know the firm. :smiley:

My old wagon over the pit in the garage :smiley:

1954_43239692599_548602599_1218132_4263_n.jpgThe garage :smiley:

gunnerheskey:
Great pics BIGRIG,
I used to deliver isocyanate and polypropolyne to a place in Widnes that made insulation, and JH Davies lads used to load out of there, can’t remember the name of the company… But that was in the early 90s :smiley:

The only place we think it is was Hemsec,but they where in Whiston just up the road.

Garage pics sent to me by Dave Harrison ex fitter at Davies,s thanks Dave :smiley:

1954_43228557599_548602599_1217849_6567_n.jpg

user89_pic83_1286732183_thumb.jpg

Pics sent by Ste Rico and Samantha Watson and Dave Harrison :smiley:

Nice one Bigrigg. Those images bring back some fond memories, I had 19 years in with JHD as a “Subbie” Left just a month b4 the asset strippers arrived!

Ex-Trucker2009:
Nice one Bigrigg. Those images bring back some fond memories, I had 19 years in with JHD as a “Subbie” Left just a month b4 the asset strippers arrived!

What did you drive who are you.Im Gordon,i worked for Davies,s and subbied driving for RTG Light Haulage.

Picture sent to me by Steve Wilson ex Davies driver :smiley:

Hiya Gordon.

Its Frank B. My last motor was a white Merc 1823 rigid with blue curtains. I used to do some of the palletline job’s when Mike had no “Lethal Ethyl” to cart around.
I jacked it in during early November prior to the recievers being called in late December. The first I new of the closure was when Freddie Craig rang me the following January and told me several subbie’s had lost all that had been owed to them for three months+ work, Sad! Luckilly I walked out of there just in time!

I guess from what you said earlier the move to Law’s was not a happy one? Are any of the old crew still at Law’s? I did speak to Carl a few years back (former JHD Palletline clerk) He appeared to be quite content up there, but hey, Office job’s are not in the “Front line” of transport are they? Did John & Mick move up to Law’s as FLT drivers?

Do you still see Steve Wilson? Is he still into motorbikes? or is he still 4x4 off roading?
How is your daughter? Has she signed up for England yet? I guess she must be 17 or thearabouts now?

How are you doing anyhow? You had a fair bit of experience with various Widnes hauliers, I could’nt Imagine you not being able to find another decent driving job locally?
If you see or talk to any of the old hands wish 'em all the best from me. JHD employed some of the best first class HGV professionals. I learned a lot during my time there from some of the more experienced hands. Those sort of firms have gone forever!

Best wishes. Frank B.

Hello Frank,im now driving for Clark Transport in Widnes doing the Blue CHEP and Brown IPP pallets.Bucko the fitter is there,Rod Billinge,his lad John is working on yard.Also Steve Roberts is working there.Steve Wilson is with Frank Nolan in Runcorn.Carl is with a firm in Warrington,the only ones left at Laws is Danny,and Mike Harvey.My daughtewr is 23 now and only just gone back to footy after a break of 6 years.Keep in touch mate,i will post pics on here when i get them,cheers Gordon.

Another pic sent by Steve Wilson :smiley:

Hi Gordon.

Where did the years go? It only seems like a short time ago I was pulling into the yard ready to load up for Manchester & district. But not before a natter (& coffee or two) with yerself Don, Carl & some of the other lads. I cannot put a face to other Steve (Ex JHD) Who works with you (Muttley?) maybe the brain cells are diminishing, But I just cannot picture him. I would Imagine some of the older JHD guys would have retired (Dave Pierce/Brian etc?)

Clark transport eh? that company was a thorn in Harvey’s side. Did they take over the Rexodan/Forward Chemical jobs from JHD?

I guess you pass Tanhouse garages when you are up & down the lane? They used to maintain my Merc’ for me. I did hear they had also gone into receivership just after I left.
I reckon I must have had the “Midas touch” or, I was just plain lucky to choose to leave when I did! Do you know if any of the Tanhouse staff had been taken on by the new owners? (Bucko might know?)

Will keep in touch. Take care Gordon.

Frank B.

me.JPG

Clark Transport only do empty pallets mate,blues and brown.We collect and deliver and we have two yards in which they sort and repair them.This is my baby :smiley:

Hi Gordon.
Do you know where Sue or Dave Hilton went to?

Rgds Frank.

Dunno mate,not heard from em.