J E Parker Transport sheffield pics

Hello Gary Parker, I have only just joined this Forum, but I am really keen to share some memories of Parker’s Transport Sheffield. I have previously posted on the Sheffield History and ex-pats Forum a few times about the Company and have literally one or two photographs of some of the lorries, taken by myself and some by my father, back in the day.

I hope that after all these years you see my post (or someone who knows you contacts you about it) as I could tell you some stories about the time when my Dad, Harry Gill,(you might have heard the name) drove for Parkers and then later, helped your Dad in the Office. I remember quite a lot, being involved from the late fifties (as a boy) until when my father retired in the mid-eighties and might be able to fill in some blanks for you and, in view of your post (albeit a long time ago) I am sure that you would be interested to hear my memories.

I met your Dad, Barry, a few times and saw your Grandad Eddie and your uncles Vic and Roy, although I was only a young boy at the time.

Please respond if you see this post.

Regards,
J Gill.

Here are a couple of photos for you.transportphotos.com/road/photos

Hi all, i am trying to locate some pictures of my great grandad, grandad, and dads company (J E Parker Transport Sheffield) that ceased trading in the early 90s and wondered if anyone out there could help me?
thanks
Gaz

gary p:
Hi all, i am trying to locate some pictures of my great grandad, grandad, and dads company (J E Parker Transport Sheffield) that ceased trading in the early 90s and wondered if anyone out there could help me?
thanks
Gaz

Here’s a couple Gary,I remember them well at Malin Bridge.

.This one courtesy of Alan Graham - revman.

And this one out of a Peter Davies book…

I have no photos
But i have got many fond memories
My dad worked for J E Parker for many years (on and off)
I used to call in on my way home from school (myers grove) i will always remember uncle vic used to wear a big overcoat with a alarm clock tied inside it.
The there was aunty rossline (dont know how you spell her name) bless her she died when i was young.
Then i cannot forget uncle barry ( your dad if im right ) gave me plenty of encouragement and afew tellings off for playing in the old park that wa at the back of there yard.
I remember one of my dads old lorries a atkinson 8 wheeler (MWB905D) the newest one i every remember and i told uncle barry when i left school and got my HGV i wanted to drive it was a Nreg Atkinson artic
Never did make my dream come true.
But memories live forever.