Morris,s transport birmingham

christhesteam:
I am looking for any pictures of trucks belonging to my wifes familey bussiness which was morris,s transport,chester road, birmingham.or for any information on when they finished,type of trucks used and colours . I also know that they where going in the 1920 and 1930s.thanks christhesteam.

Morris Transport was my first driving job about 1992. I was a tyre maker in Dunlop and naturally switched to MT when I passed my class 1.
It was in between two house in Church Rd just off Chester Rd.
Green Seddon Akys, with the odd Dodge which they used for shunting mainly in Dunlop.

I think the bosses first name was Ron back then.
Would love to see a pic!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

still looking for any information on morris transport birmingham,then off church road off chester road,did a lot off work for dunlops.

I am looking for any pictures of trucks belonging to my wifes familey bussiness which was morris,s transport,chester road, birmingham.or for any information on when they finished,type of trucks used and colours . I also know that they where going in the 1920 and 1930s.thanks christhesteam.

Hi,
IIRC they had some K series Dodges (dark green?) and did a lot of work for Dunlop, would have been about mid 80’s they packed up.
No pictures sorry but I’m sure some will crop up !

HI thanks trev.very interesting to know about the dodges,I new they had some seddonatkys 400,am now wondering what else the had.thanks again.

Hi, someone said on the “Birmingham & Blackcountry” thread they ran from a yard behind some posh houses, on the chester road near New Oscott. Andydisco might know more about them as he worked in Dunlop for a bit. I can remember seeing them about, but had no dealings with them, and remember the green 400 series. Also have a vague recollection of some earlier motors being Austin/Morris FJ’s/FFK’s. I have a photo of an A&E Morris of Handworth, but think that is a different company. Good luck with your reseacher and keep looking in, it’s early days yet. :wink:

ok thanks big-g-unit any chance of a copy my email address is chri.st@mypostoffice.co.uk chris.

hi there, i remember morris’s - the yard was down a driveway between houses on i think antrobus road in new oscott, just off chester road by oscott college. trucks were dark green , i remember sed atk’s , and the older austins too. did lots of stuff in dunlop. think one of the traffic office guys was called mr poole. would be great to see some pics posted if anyone has any

Hi have a bit more info the address was 178 to 192 goosemoor lane of chester rd.they also owned Morris. A, & sons Ltd. (timber merchants). this my stir some memoires.this was pre-war,but moved after war as a lot of bomb damage on goosemoor lane,as they where after dunlops.

Hi Chris, Found this pic. in a book I have, but as I said probably not the same firm. The picture, I believe, was taken by that great lorry photographer Peter Davies, so if anyone is not happy with it being on here they can remove it again.

scan0006.jpg

when i was at dunlop back in 96
morris’s were running 2 seddon atki 401 day cabs in dunlop colours out of there running wheel and trye assemblys upto the jag at browns lane in coventry and toyota in derby
and another couple of them in their bottle green colour were on the longer runs up to the factories in washington and manchester, occasionally youd see one of their dodge/renault commando rigids down at the aircraft tyre division

hope this helps

Hi BigG-unit it could the same firm as its only about a mile down the road and thats to much of a coinsidence.the next thread from andydisco is interesting but is the date correct do you mean 96 or 69. does any one know the colour of dunlop at the time.thanks again one and all, by the way I used to drive for R S Wrights of lancaster in the 1970s,but they went to the wall becase of the shortages of fuel.

chris 96 is correct as it was my first job in civi street after coming out of the army

dunlops colour scheme at that time was white with a gold and red band the dunlop writing and logo was black

The plot thickens then chris!!! :confused:

this plot is getting very complicated, more clarification is needed. are there any ex- morris drivers out there.