Flour Millers

Hi has anyone out there got any fleet details of Allied mills lorries reg no/fleet no,chassis number and which mill they were based etc i am trying to build up a fleet profile mill by mill any help with info would be great many thanks flourpower.

FLOURPOWER:
Hi has anyone out there got any fleet details of Allied mills lorries reg no/fleet no,chassis number and which mill they were based etc i am trying to build up a fleet profile mill by mill any help with info would be great many thanks flourpower.

Hi Keith, I’d also be very interested in information about Ainscough’s, Fairclough’s and Seaforth (for previously explained reasons). The trail has run dry in recent months - not found anything new…

Carrs Milling Group PLC
Silloth, ■■■■■■■

Kindest regards
CG

FWP Matthews. The ERF is their yard shunter

2013-02-01 10.35.04.jpg

I will try to take some more pics as I’m now an employee.
:smiley:

2013-02-04 11.46.44.jpg

fwp-logo.png

thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/ … z2KEMozZ7b
Healings’ Mill at Tewkesbury, sold.

This is very interesting;
whateversleft.co.uk/industri … tewkesbury

Not condoning trespass, but…
28dayslater.co.uk/forums/ind … 010-a.html

i love these old buyildings /factories,heres the old smiths flour mills in walsall now converted into flats and appartments.such a shame if they knock them down so much history
maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=wolverh … 6,0,-4.03

curnock:
i love these old buyildings /factories,heres the old smiths flour mills in walsall now converted into flats and appartments.such a shame if they knock them down so much history

Hi There curnock. here is one of Ranks at Ramsgate, Gates Locked, never to be reopened, Cheers Chris

Ramsgate locked out.JPG

CJA1:

curnock:

Hi There curnock. here is one of Ranks at Ramsgate, Gates Locked, never to be reopened, Cheers Chris

Ranks Barry, all finished Don"t think it"s been pulled down yet? used to go there When i worked at RHM M/C Mill, Cheers Chris.

100_2253.JPG

Why are such large mills like Tewkesbury and Barry being closed? Are they outdated in terms of hygene? Foreign imports can’t surely be to blame, as Shipton Under Wychwood Mill is a lot smaller than those mentioned above and they’re flat out.

Dave the Renegade:
Going back a bit. Can anyone remember Watkin’s Flour Mills in Hereford,they ran Commer four wheelers in the 60’s.
Cheers Dave.

HI Dave , yes i can they also had a couple of Dennis Pax flatbeds , one was a Chinese 6 . The colours were similar to Griffiths and Hartland regards Keith.

My Father drove for Chancelot Mill for 30 years until 1989. By the time i was 9 i was able to empty a tank. Happy days.

Muckaway:
Why are such large mills like Tewkesbury and Barry being closed? Are they outdated in terms of hygene? Foreign imports can’t surely be to blame, as Shipton Under Wychwood Mill is a lot smaller than those mentioned above and they’re flat out.

It’s to do with the economics of flour milling. These are very old buildings which in their day housed a lot of machinery to process probably about 2,000 tons of wheat a week. Modern mills with new machinery require much less floor space and much smaller buildings. Allied Mills’ Coronet Mill at Manchester is probably only about 20% of the physical size of Healings old mill but it processes over 6,000 tonnes of wheat every week. We don’t import much milled flour these days but we are importing plenty of German milling wheat at present because of the poor quality and yields of our own harvest in 2012.

Hi all thought this might be of interest to this thread,i live in Southampton which is where this picture was taken dont know what year.
Cheers Buzzer.

250659_342829539139642_436253197_n.jpg

gingerfold:

Muckaway:

It’s to do with the economics of flour milling. These are very old buildings which in their day housed a lot of machinery to process probably about 2,000 tons of wheat a week. Modern mills with new machinery require much less floor space and much smaller buildings. Allied Mills’ Coronet Mill at Manchester is probably only about 20% of the physical size of Healings old mill but it processes over 6,000 tonnes of wheat every week. We don’t import much milled flour these days but we are importing plenty of German milling wheat at present because of the poor quality and yields of our own harvest in 2012.

CJA1:
Hi Gingerfold, Found this one a while ago on"t net, Aurora Canterbury? do know the origins of this firm Anybody? Cheers Chris.

FLOURPOWER:
Hi Chaps,spotted a couple of Nelstrops flour photos on NORTHWEST TRUCKS FOTOPIC site taken by a chap called MIKE MULRANEY does anyone know him or have contact details for him please?cheers Flourpower

CJA1:
Hi Flourpower, Used to do a Bit of work with the Vac/Tank, For Nelstrops, when I Worked at Ranks MC Mill Cheers Chris.

Hi Flourpower, ers an old one of Wilsons circa 1950s Cheers Chris.