SHAP!

Not right about the demise of p&s,from the horses mouth. George the son was working with his lawyer and while he was on holiday and there was a slump - the tragic closing of ACC Rutherglen and ETNA, Motherwell). He was making out his father and mother who were the other side of partnership could not run the firm and was going to take over the firm solely by himself. The old man got wind of the plot and told the HP lot to come and take the wagons away. We arrived back to the yard on Saturday morning and were told by the old man we were finished. I can’t explain how we felt - Alec Robertson had just bought a new car on HP, I was getting a new Mack on Tuesday (Jerry’s wagon with a new cab that he had parked in a house in Carlisle). We came back Tuesday to take the wagons to Carmyle Avenue, Glasgow, to park them up. They were later picked up by Prentice Brown. Young George had come back from holiday and called us to come and then told us what I have just said,he then placed four bank books on the table and said does anybody care to have a look at them, money is not a problem, I can get the vehicles back but he has also given away the traffic to Stamper. I cannot start from scratch, so you have my old man to blame. It was a hard job but we were well paid and never a penny short , Joepipe