THAMES TRADERS

Dave the Renegade:
My old Boss C M Philpotts of Kington ran Thames Traders,this one was new in 1963.

Hello Dave.Did some of this before we dare risk ramps well sleepers until someone made iron ones.As you know two loads a day and you did’nt need places like the Gym.Not like today when they just tip in the fields and bugger off,mind sound’s a good idea. Good photo’s they will bring back memories to some ( good and bad ). Regards Mike.

thelongdrag:

Dave the Renegade:
My old Boss C M Philpotts of Kington ran Thames Traders,this one was new in 1963.

Hello Dave.Did some of this before we dare risk ramps well sleepers until someone made iron ones.As you know two loads a day and you did’nt need places like the Gym.Not like today when they just tip in the fields and bugger off,mind sound’s a good idea. Good photo’s they will bring back memories to some ( good and bad ). Regards Mike.

Hi Mike,
I remember the wheel hubs and sleeper made up ramps.I also remember the ram giving on a loaded Bedford TK which sent it crashing through the sleeps and bust the chassis writing the lorry off.I was the next one due to use them and just arrived in the field to see the driver and spreader driver doing the same as above.
Cheers Dave.

Does anyone remember a Dorset firm who ran quite a few 6 wheel traders -i can remember them as truckmixers but not as tippers -from the warmwell area Hyde sand ■■?

toshboy

Dave the Renegade:

thelongdrag:

Dave the Renegade:

Hi Mike,
I remember the wheel hubs and sleeper made up ramps.I also remember the ram giving on a loaded Bedford TK which sent it crashing through the sleeps and bust the chassis writing the lorry off.I was the next one due to use them and just arrived in the field to see the driver and spreader driver doing the same as above.
Cheers Dave.

This is how the main lime spreading outfit this way does it this way.Ivor Duggan & Sons run three of these Fendt tractors with spreaders,they still use ramps which as you can see they transport on the front of the tractor which are lifted on and off hydraulically.
Cheers Dave.

This one requires a little TLC.
Thames Trader 6D tipper.jpg

Stanfield:
This one requires a little TLC.0

hiya,
The nosecone looks OK.
thanks harry long retired.

Charles Hine & Son Ltd long established Lichfield removal company with a very smart Thames Trader, picture taken in Wintertons sale yard Lichfield.

Three of a kind from Edward Beck’s

More images of the Edward Beck & Son Ltd fleet can be seen HERE

This looks like an old registation number from the Oldham area :unamused: any one know?I know I have put this on earlier but only just spotted the reg (dont know how I missed it)
Thames Trader reg 414BBU.JPG

LB76:

nice one ,is it a goast on the front of the fridge :laughing:

No it’s a real lorry

1UDsfi.jpghere a nice one lad,s

with its bedford fuel tank

My dad on the back of his trader :smiley:

Thames Trader MJ Parry at Shrewsbury Market about 1970 :smiley:

Thames Trader.jpg

charliemjp:
Thames Trader MJ Parry at Shrewsbury Market about 1970 :smiley:

Nice pic Charl, got your text and a happy new year to you and all the family :smiley:

LB76:

The poor old girl would grunt with that one :laughing: :laughing:

Now from Norway we have a Thames Trader bus.They really got (or wanted) the best out of them!

C Shofield & Son, Gomersal, West Yorkshire.

IMG_0007.jpg