Volvo F10,F12,F16

F16

youtube.com/watch?v=iIDd17ho … _embedded#!

kindle530:
F16

youtube.com/watch?v=iIDd17ho … _embedded#!

Great vid…Bizarely enough It reminded me of an old German ■■■■ film I’d seen years ago… :smiley:

There not the best pictures but i spotted this gem on the m5 s/b two weeks ago whilst on my way into the yard 470 F16 :grimacing: :grimacing:

I know this is not a models thread but i thought this might be of interest. I built it about 6 years ago, copied from a picture of the real truck in a magazine.

I was waiting to board the ferry from Madeira to the Algarve a couple of weeks ago,and had to do a double take when I saw an 80s vintage F12 coming round the bend,twin headlights etc.Having spent most of my trucking career in F10s and 12s I was amazed to see one still operational on international work.It did grunt a bit shoving the fridge up the ramp though ! Also a pic of my trusty F10 weekended in Milan in about 1990 .

This was a lovely F12 I saw in Italy. I was talking to the driver while we were loading and he was an owner driver who had driven it from new. He was still working it in June 2006.

The Belgian reg Intertransport Danzas Volvo was driven , from new, by Ronnie Niewbourg, a hell of a nice guy. i worked with him for 3 years subbing pulling trailers for B E T Zeebrugge, many stories of driving hours to be talked about with him. We used to come of boat in Dover midnight, tip Mercado carpets at Shawfield Glasgow, turn round empty back to Dover to catch 02-30 boat to Zeebrugge next day, load carpets again and back for boat at 20-30 at night. We did a big job together to Newport South Wales most weekends arriving back in zeeb to load carpets again Sunday, carpets again for Glasgow and away we went again. Weekends were very few and far between then. but Ronnie was a great worker and a good old friend. The Danzas job was groupage from Ghent area to Ireland every week. saw him a few times he said it was like a holiday compared to some of the jobs we did. The good old days very hard work but very drunken time off, when we got any. Terry

Few more Volvo’s.

adr:
Very smart!

Chris,where was the Van Himst F12 taken,Danzas Munich?

Spotted this parked up and looks like it has been for a while!!

Couple more Volvo’s.

Dan and Bramble 003.JPG

Heres a couple of F10’s from our family fleet. The K reg rigid is still in service. Dan

nicked off the Swift’s thread

By whiplash_012 at 2011-02-19
Bosman F10 at sHeerenberg. ![](http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/673/bosman8.jpg) By [whiplash_012](http://profile.imageshack.us/user/whiplash_012) at 2011-02-19 Bosman F10 at sHeerenberg.

Danish F12

Truckfest.I think.

Same event?

Anybody lie claim to this beauty?

Caffrey,before the bling!

On its third or fourth owner by this!

Intertransport F12,just like the one earlier from the magazine!

Actual one from the magazine.

i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 … 1296923159

only photo we could find,C873 CKE, 1 of 2 ordered for continental work,had double bunks,extra lockers fitted,tir plates etc but got cancelled at last moment+this 1 ended up on uk work until sold my dad used to drive it for briggs haulage in kent,here it is being prepared for carnival procesion,would love to find out what happened to it after or its sister C874 CKE i believe.

George from Aylesbury at TIP Leighton Buzzard 1992

A nice project for someone, at 1st glance seems very tidy still! Is this ex-Mike Brown, owner driver used to pull for SCAC? Loooks like it to me.

ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-F16-/32 … 4ab1304d8e

This looks raving cheap to me, might cost a few quid to get it home but @ that price it’d still be a bargain as there aren’t many F16’s to be had.

trucks.nl/VehicleDetail.asp? … nguageid=1

Ross.

ross the people selling that f16 in greece are the same people i bought my f89 of first class people to deal with man of his word gharge you 15oo euros approx to calais when he got groupage to holland regards rowland

rward:
ross the people selling that f16 in greece are the same people i bought my f89 of first class people to deal with man of his word gharge you 15oo euros approx to calais when he got groupage to holland regards rowland

Hi Rowland, I recon it cost me about that (in total) to get my F16 home from just south of Fulda in Germany, but that included the flights out, insurance & temp reg, fuel & Ferry into UK. The recomendation from you regarding the seller should put any potential buyers mind at rest, thanks bud.

Ross.