Fairwood garage,swansea,south wales

John David said >>> but not quite 100% correct “the elder brother was not named Glyn”

“there were 2 old fitters there, brothers Aubrey was one i think the other was Glyn always arguing with each other happy days”

Aubrey Austin was the younger brother, the other brother was Phil Austin (my father) they both worked for Sam Jeffery from before the war years. Aubrey died mid 70’s from recurring problems associated with contracting Malaria out in Borneo during the war. They were quite different as brothers, Phil Austin was the grumpy one who usually annoyed his brother and others :slight_smile: but you could balance a three pence piece on a Gardner engine rocker cover after a rebuild he had completed.

Sam Jeffery was my God Father so I was allowed to be included as a 4 year old on work experience jaunts to Quarries, Mines, Docks, Fishing Vessels, Steel Works etc. etc. etc.

Sam’s son Roy died young and very sudden on holiday in Spain, he was out there with his wife Pam and his 2 young children on their annual holidays, Sam was never quite the same afterwards, after Sam died his daughter in law Pam ran Fairwood Garage until it ceased operating and closed, buildings were demolished but the family still held on to the site.

Thanks Phil “Jr” :laughing: