TNT - Global Express, Logistics & Mail

I wil start an new thread abbout TNT. Fist i wil put sam old pictures out of my collection before TNT was taken over bij the Dutch Royal Mail. (PTT-Post) TNT was an Australian transport company statert in 1946 as Thomas National Transport. Later this company taken over Alltrans Transport in Australia. In the end of the 80’s TNT was working in different countrys in the world. Australia, West Europe, U.S.A, Canada and in Asian.

One of the lagers in Australia in the 60’s.

Dodge trucks

Internationaal

Dodge

Austin of Morris

Magirus Deutz

Regards, Bert Wolters

Bert Wolters:

Commer

Regards, Bert Wolters

Thanks Bert and great pic’s but I think the above is an Austin or Morris van, it could be either as thay were badged as both if my memory serves me correctly.

Ross.

bigr250:

Bert Wolters:
Thanks Bert and great pic’s but I think the above is an Austin or Morris van, it could be either as thay were badged as both if my memory serves me correctly.

Ross.

I dont no if it was an Commer. I think it was. But if you say it is an Austin of Morris i belief you and i change it.

Here we have an other oldy.

Atkinson trailer.

Regards, Bert

Hate to dis-agree with you ross, but I believe it was a commer, I did deliver a few in the late 60’s/ 70’s.

Hi Norm,
Looks like a Morris Commercial to me,a local laundry firm had about a dozen of those.
Cheers Dave.

Norman Ingram:
Hate to dis-agree with you ross, but I believe it was a commer, I did deliver a few in the late 60’s/ 70’s.

I’m afraid that what we have here IS a BMC product, either Austin or Morris - the LD model. The Commers you remember from that period would have been their “Walk-thru” model, a different animal. Sorry…

fodenway:

Norman Ingram:

I’m afraid that what we have here IS a BMC product, either Austin or Morris - the LD model. The Commers you remember from that period would have been their “Walk-thru” model, a different animal. Sorry…

It is an Austin or Morris LD.

oldclassiccar.co.uk/ldvan.htm

The General Post Office used them on the erection team too :stuck_out_tongue:

It was replaced by the 350EA

thats a bmc (british motor corporation) so could be badged austin or morris the royal mail had hudreds of them, was`nt tnt part of rupert murdochs companies I recall when news international started printing the sun at wapping and had the big dispute with the print unions it was tnt who was running the papers all over the place a mate of mine sadly now long gone was on the picket line every day of that long dispute

As I remember the police also ran a lot of those BMC LD’s nicknamed the black maria’s, either 2.2 ltr petrol (very thirsty) or 2.2 ltr diesels (painfully slow).

Trev_H:
As I remember the police also ran a lot of those BMC LD’s nicknamed the black maria’s, either 2.2 ltr petrol (very thirsty) or 2.2 ltr diesels (painfully slow).

very true forgot about them been in the back of a couple haha

You ruddy old convict , you should be over where Steve the Mushroomman lives. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused: :unamused: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ubym344:

Trev_H:

very true forgot about them been in the back of a couple haha

How about some IPEC pics then,wasn’t that the Dutch outfit that TNT took over? Remember seeing them coming off the Felixstowe boat every morning on their way to Northampton ICD.Bright yellow with black writing.

KW:
How about some IPEC pics then,wasn’t that the Dutch outfit that TNT took over? Remember seeing them coming off the Felixstowe boat every morning on their way to Northampton ICD.Bright yellow with black writing.

Hi KW,

Indeed Ipec was the Dutch company who did bisnis with TNT. I must start somewere and that was in Austraila. The roots of TNT.

Here an other tractor where i dont no wat is is. I think it’s an Akinson tractor.

Fond the picture on internet.

Regards, Bert

Mercedes tractor

Salut, Bert

3 oldys from TNT.

Photo from scrapbook memories.

Photo from scrapbook memories.

Salut, Bert

ubym344:
was`nt tnt part of rupert murdochs companies

I’m not sure. I think Mayne Express/Mayne Nickless (later Parceline, now DPD) was part of the De La Rue group. That was owned by Maxwell or Murdoch I think

Bert Wolters:

Mercedes tractor

Salut, Bert

Hello Bert

Those photos bring back a few memories, I drove XWH 811V for a long time on night trunk, it was a Leyland Marathon day cab. I moved on to a seddon atkinson but can’t recall the number of that now. My next truck was a new MAN reg C23 XBA. It was a lovely vehicle & a pleasure to drive. I’ll dig out a poto & try & post it on here.

Does anyone know any TNT drivers from the 1980s?? Tommy Eskins, Ken Baker, Phil Dowell from Llantrisant. Brian Divies from Wellingborough. Len Valentine from Ramsbottom. John Hole & Ron James from Exeter Brian robotham & Arthur Outram from Hornsey. Fred Tier & Graham Guppy from Southampton spring to mind. There was loads of them but it’s a long time since I had the chance to list their names.

They were fantastic people to work with & I’d love to hear from them again.

BB

couple of my scania bert when i worked for tnt :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: