Worst cafes ever

transporter man:

charlie one:

Fergie47:
There was a cafe / digs at Kidlington, Oxford on the A34 heading to Banbury, think it was nick-named Paraffin Lil’s can’t remember its real name…It was a dump.
This happened in the early '70’s. One night, 3 of our drivers stopped there for digs, when they went to go to bed one of them pulled back the sheets and found them filthy, and the last guy had ■■■■■■ the bed. They threw all the bedding, off all of the beds, chucked them out the windows, got some diesel rags, and set fire to the lot. The owner called the old Bill, but nothing was ever done about it. Our company was banned from going in there, but that really didn’t bother us…

If my tired old memory serves me right It was called Bobs but we always called it Paraffin Lils as you said Fergie.Dirty hole
Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing:

I used to stay at Kidlington a lot the first was the Orchard around 61-62 when I was on my school holidays it was in Kidlington on left northbound. My mother always knew when I stayed here as my clothes used to smell of parifin off the heater in the bedrooms. The site was a garage the last time I was through. Bobs Cafe was north of Kidlington the accommodation was in a house across the lorry park from the cafe. It was a Little Chef the last time I passed a few years ago.

Used to be a good café when I used it 70/73.Used to have breakfast on my way to Basingstoke in there .I’m sure it used to be a coal fired stove in the centre of the café?