Hauliers from around Lancaster & Surrounding area's

A rare Chippendale picture

I notice Woodhouse is 100% Merc Axor now they must be a good truck ? , any comments or ideas ? .

Photo of a 140 Scania owned by Richard Parker Haulage, Garstang, just before a trip to Saudi, the picture was supplied by Cliff Smith who owned the company at the time.

Bewick do you remember these.■■?

tankerian:
Photo of a 140 Scania owned by Richard Parker Haulage, Garstang, just before a trip to Saudi, the picture was supplied by Cliff Smith who owned the company at the time.

I seem to re-call the name from the 60’s but IIRC did they haul for British Tissues when they had a Mill up at Inglewhite ? and Walki’s are where B/Tissues used to convert the parenr reels from the Mill in Ray Lane.I could be wrong about this,but that is my recollection ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

tankerian:

I seem to re-call the name from the 60’s but IIRC did they haul for British Tissues when they had a Mill up at Inglewhite ? and Walki’s are where B/Tissues used to convert the parenr reels from the Mill in Ray Lane.I could be wrong about this,but that is my recollection ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick, spoke to Cliff tonight who confirmed he did do work for for B/Tissues.
Good Memory Sir ! .

tankerian:

Bewick:

tankerian:

Bewick, spoke to Cliff tonight who confirmed he did do work for for B/Tissues.
Good Memory Sir ! .

My single brain cell is still functioning then !!! Bewick.

they have a heysham depot

10062009135.jpg

Ainsworth & Martin

regards Big Al

Another shot of the Richard Parker Scania, ready for the long journey to Saudi.

Hi Folks,

anitas pics 1783.jpg

Cheers Malc.

Hi Folks,

anitas pics 1785.jpg

anitas pics 1783.jpg
[attachment=1 pics 1545.jpg[/attachment]

Cheers Folks

anitas pics 1545.jpg

Hi Folks,

rob 1000 6272.jpg

rob 1000 5698.jpg

Cheers Malc.

malc step:
Hi Folks,
S.J.Bargh Caton

Cheers Malc.

nice shot malc have u any more ■■

martsstricky1988:

malc step:
Hi Folks,
S.J.Bargh Caton

Cheers Malc.

nice shot malc have u any more ■■

Slime ball !!!

I think this was quite near the end of there time as a company, the driver of this old girl was Cliff smith.

Hi Folks,

anitas pics 971.jpg

Cheers Malc.

240 Gardner:

gandy:
Re the Thursby 400,s / 401,s where did they buy them from ? because it was not through Ryland Warrington or Preston as i remember.

Scott’s at Penrith, perhaps? They did have ■■■■■■■■ (former Kendal) registrations.

they bought them from scotts at penrith

This one of Gorry’s was a bit of a rarity, not a lot of FM10s sold over here. I don’t think it lasted long. The idea was that if 10 litres was enough for an FL it should be enough for an FM but it didn’t seem to work.

Robinson’s fleet always look tidy.

regards Big Al

regards Big Al