Kasakhstan.Anyone want to start a thread

You long haul lads are all very quiet have you all run out of puff. Or was it just a flash in the pan. Happy Days

Colin does try to drive it but its slowed down!

This thread is an excellent read.
Any of you gents spend Christmas over there,or en route?

Davnic:
This thread is an excellent read.
Any of you gents spend Christmas over there,or en route?

Hi Davnic
There was a few guys who had christmas out that way but most i met were by choice. I unloaded with Geordie Scott and John Mackie just outside Samara one year then run up to the city of Cheboksary to load man hole covers for England. We arrived for the reloads on christmas eve and loaded one truck straight away. The next one to be loaded was on christmas day so we had to drop one of the trailers and run down to the local post office to book a call home and wait over two hours to be connected. It was then back to the truck for whatever we could rustle up to eat and have a few drinks. The next day on the afternoon of boxing day we received the paperwork for all three loads so set off hoping to get a good few hundred kms under our belt then a good nights sleep but it all went wrong. First of all after an hour on the road it started to snow heavy so we all agreed to meet up at the next police control if we lost contact in any way as geordie and john didnt have cb radio. We did this for a few controls then decided to park up asap for the night. Well the snow got really bad with knowhere to park and the lorry in front of me who i was sure was geordie turned out to be a latvian. I drove for the next hour trying to get somewhere to park and wait for the other two then arrived at a police control to be told that my collega had a problem 26km back. The police showed me geordies reg number and i went white hoping all was ok as they had told me he had been in an accident. Off i go heading back again hoping for the best and when i finally get to where he was he was in the process of being pulled out the snow by a tractor and we were both relieved as he was ok and just had been stuck in the snow. When we finally managed to find a safe parking the beer and betroot soup went down a treat that night!! The lack of visibility on the roads sure make it interesting to say the least

cheers Colin! It all sounds nuts now. It must have felt a long way from home!

Cme on guys!!! Colin is doing his best but help him out!!! post

Hi all,where was the best TIR park between Moscow & KZ?,Colin,Bob,Motley got your ears on?

Rarby:
Hi all,where was the best TIR park between Moscow & KZ?,Colin,Bob,Motley got your ears on?

Hard for me to say Rarby. I did like the one at Samara before the split but also the one at Syzran was good for the night. Stayed in Penza a few nights as well but to be honest any parking with a beer and a man with a gun guarding you was a good parking :smiley:

colin.f.whitetrans:

Rarby:

Hard for me to say Rarby. I did like the one at Samara before the split but also the one at Syzran was good for the night. Stayed in Penza a few nights as well but to be honest any parking with a beer and a man with a gun guarding you was a good parking :smiley:

Sup Colin,had a good experience at the TIR park in ‘Kebab City’,not the new one on left on the way to Samara but the one on the same side of the road in the middle of the kebab stalls.Nice little cafe,sauna & all the bells & whistles. :wink:

Stopped in nizhny Novgorod a couple of times, not a tir park though. Seem to remember spending half a day on a hill I couldn’t get up coming out of the town, after loading alongside the river.

turnip:
Stopped in nizhny Novgorod a couple of times, not a tir park though. Seem to remember spending half a day on a hill I couldn’t get up coming out of the town, after loading alongside the river.

Sup Turnip,used to use M5 via Ryazan,Penza etc,some good parks along there,but the M7 via Nizhny Novgorod,Kazan etc. was a way better road,think it eventually joined back up with the M5 at Ufa.also good park at Kurgan,young lass would even do ya washing there,she didnt use fabric softener but. :slight_smile:

colin.f.whitetrans:

Rarby:

Used Samara a few times Col,remember BM had an extended stay there due to some tyre problems on his low loader.I met up with him there & took him to DHL at Tolyatti airport where some tyres had been sent out to him.Could also buy diesel there,although I got a bad fill there one winter & had some fun as a result. :frowning:

Doing the laundry ! And that’s all I trust ■■
I didnt really go much further than that so can’t comment. Although I did go down to Ulyanovsk once, it was an horrendous trip in the middle of winter on me jack. Couldn’t wait to get to Moscow , and that was a first. I liked nizhny though, the factory was alongside a pleasure boat & in the summer you could go up the river with the local youngsters getting ridiculously drunk in the progress. Not that I ever got drunk ! Honest guv.

turnip:
Doing the laundry ! And that’s all I trust ■■
I didnt really go much further than that so can’t comment. Although I did go down to Ulyanovsk once, it was an horrendous trip in the middle of winter on me jack. Couldn’t wait to get to Moscow , and that was a first. I liked nizhny though, the factory was alongside a pleasure boat & in the summer you could go up the river with the local youngsters getting ridiculously drunk in the progress. Not that I ever got drunk ! Honest guv.

I was pretty lucky in the winter time,seemed to dodge the worst of it most the time,much more fun mucking round with ski’s than mucking round with chains.There’s a few guys on this thread who liked playing in the snow tho. :slight_smile:

turnip:

Hi turnip
Were you loading garments at the praxis factory for the uk?

Rarby:

colin.f.whitetrans:

Rarby:

Used Samara a few times Col,remember BM had an extended stay there due to some tyre problems on his low loader.I met up with him there & took him to DHL at Tolyatti airport where some tyres had been sent out to him.Could also buy diesel there,although I got a bad fill there one winter & had some fun as a result. :frowning:

The little restuarant next to the roadside was a good little place to eat at the samara parking but stopped going in after frank let go of his senses on the diesel hose :smiley:

colin.f.whitetrans:

turnip:

Hi turnip
Were you loading garments at the praxis factory for the uk?

I honestly can’t remember the name ! But yes it was garments ! They had the place by the river and a place at the top of the town too, which was a pain in winter because the snow would drift up against the loading bay so you had to shovel it out before loading. I always thought nizhny was quite modern compared to most Russian towns ! Did you go there too then ■■

DOES ANY ONE REMEMBER ANTHONY SMITH AKA [ SNESTER ] HE WAS A SUBBIE FOR RALPH IN THE MD 90S HE HAD A IVECO TURBOSTAR IN ARCHIBOLD COULERS WHEN HE USED TO SUB FOR THEM HE USED TO PARK THE TRAILER BEHIND THE STICKLER PUB IN BRADFORD WHEN HE WAS HOME U COUDNT MISS IT WITH RALPH DAVIES RITE AKROSS SIDE HE GOT HOME ONE DAY HIS WIFE HAD LEFT WITH ALL MONEY AND NOT BEING PAYING FINANCE ON TRUCK OR MORGAGE HE LOST EVERYTHING IN A WEEK THEN HE BOUGHT AN 8 WHEELER ON MUCK SHIFT WITH MY DAD FOR A THEW YEAR NOW HE WAS ON FOR COUNCIL DRIVING BIN TRUCKS SADLY HE GOT THROAT CANCER THEY TAKEN HIS HOLE THROAT AWAY HE CANT TALK ONLY WITH A ELECTRIC VOICE MACHINE HE HOLDS TO HIS THROAT HE OK STILL HIS DRY SELF

Photos of my dad in Tengiz run