Clubs and Dances, Pubs, were truckers delight

Its time we had a few more tales on this one.Its been off the front page for a while.
Cheers Dave.

That brings me back to the club at Failsworth and Helen Shapiro, when I was chattering to her, she said she was going to turn more to jazz, I have not seen or heard about her for several years , anyone know any news about her. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

WAYNA PICCHU ~ The Rose ~ Horlando Salinas, Panpipe Music ~ Musica Andina
Try this on youtube Norm.

WAYNA PICCHU ~ ~ Horlando Salinas, Panpipe Music yea is very good Dave have listened to panpie music before nice and relaxing music . :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

MEAN MACHINE:
WAYNA PICCHU ~ ~ Horlando Salinas, Panpipe Music yea is very good Dave have listened to panpie music before nice and relaxing music . :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A very talented musician who can play any instrument :exclamation:

used to stop at Larne a lot ,well get my tacho onto same day lol…in the early 80s ,of the ferry and park up at some shops …Robinsons Bar it was called,man had some times in there …
another i used was one up from the docks in Aberdeen(torey??) ,sawdust up tae my ankles …ruff,ruff. even my chair had a broken leg.
Market Inn in Castle Douglas(old A75) opposite the car park was a goodun on a friday night.
Haverhill …used to walk down to a bar with a barbers chair in it ,yup people getting haircut wi a pint.,was always full o grab a .grannies.
Went into one on the south coast o England wi a guy that was running down to tip in same place.Well anyway food was good,had shot or 2,an big Andy says hes off to the can ,so i went to the bar to pay for meal,i said american express an the barman says you can take it out o my ■■■ …what the #$%^^Y$ :unamused: :unamused: .at the same time i can hear Andy shouting an clatter ,bang from the BOGS.out comes andy …and.the classic words.!!!. its full o puffs…one o them just grabbed my ■■■■!!! at the top o his voice. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
anyway i through the money on the table and we near ran tae another bar, thought the barmaid was going to break a rib she was laughing so hard…
jimmy

JIMBO47:
used to stop at Larne a lot ,well get my tacho onto same day lol…in the early 80s ,of the ferry and park up at some shops …Robinsons Bar it was called,man had some times in there …
another i used was one up from the docks in Aberdeen(torey??) ,sawdust up tae my ankles …ruff,ruff. even my chair had a broken leg.
Market Inn in Castle Douglas(old A75) opposite the car park was a goodun on a friday night.
Haverhill …used to walk down to a bar with a barbers chair in it ,yup people getting haircut wi a pint.,was always full o grab a .grannies.
Went into one on the south coast o England wi a guy that was running down to tip in same place.Well anyway food was good,had shot or 2,an big Andy says hes off to the can ,so i went to the bar to pay for meal,i said american express an the barman says you can take it out o my ■■■ …what the #$%^^Y$ :unamused: :unamused: .at the same time i can hear Andy shouting an clatter ,bang from the BOGS.out comes andy …and.the classic words.!!!. its full o puffs…one o them just grabbed my ■■■■!!! at the top o his voice. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
anyway i through the money on the table and we near ran tae another bar, thought the barmaid was going to break a rib she was laughing so hard…
jimmy

hiya,
“Jimbo47” done Aberdeen you must have done the “Peep” near the docks anybody in there with two ears was a ■■■■.
thanks harry long retired.

canny mind the name but it was a real mans bar thats for sure ,porters in there wi the white jackets covered in blood etc…but a drink was a drink lol… would be parked up so i could tip just up the st.first thing…then up to near airport to load JIT oil stuff for GT.yarmouth.,as fast as the maggie d would go …hehe
jimmy.

JIMBO47:
canny mind the name but it was a real mans bar thats for sure ,porters in there wi the white jackets covered in blood etc…but a drink was a drink lol… would be parked up so i could tip just up the st.first thing…then up to near airport to load JIT oil stuff for GT.yarmouth.,as fast as the maggie d would go …hehe
jimmy.

Jimbo, your last few posts have summed up the job the way it used to be, absolutely magic!! My son keeps saying to me, (he is a driver) quote how the hell have you done this job for all these years I don’t know, unquote. I dare not tell him :unamused: :unamused: Regards Kev.

aye…looking back the early -mid 80s things changed an no for the better in my eyes…i can mind you could move into the office from being a driver ,well if you wanted…but later on that was your lot ,driver was a driver. no some geek straight out o college that had no even sat in a wagon.! a miners club at Loanhead just south o edinburgh ,magic nights.
Elgin was another good place to park up…lol…went back to the cab after a tot or 2 and i wondered what the hell the noise was at my cab door…
hehe it was another driver banging a bird upagainst the door …
Trafford park by the water??parked among rocks… strippers frae liverpool ,then they were givin extras round the back …+the old fur coat brigade haha good nights…better breakfasts…if you could keep them down.
no mobile phones …do the work an phone in.

marcus 22:
bamber bridge near preston used to be agood night out anyone ever park up their on the ind est.

Yes on many occassion when I was on for CPS

harry_gill:
hiya,
Oldham was a bit near home for a night out when I was a young-un but did nights out there with the lads always a lively spot we used to go into Albert Pierrpoint’s pub “Help the Poor Struggler” one night a guy rolled in there worse for drink and sang his heart out all night, he was supposed be on stage in Manchester but did his show in Albert’s pub much to the consternation of his agent who was also his driver, does anybody remember the great Josef Locke, “While out in the desert weary soldiers they are sleeping” golly nearly broke out into song there until I realised I can’t sing.

Did he do “Hear my song” as an encore? :sunglasses:

Suedehead:

harry_gill:
hiya,
Oldham was a bit near home for a night out when I was a young-un but did nights out there with the lads always a lively spot we used to go into Albert Pierrpoint’s pub “Help the Poor Struggler” one night a guy rolled in there worse for drink and sang his heart out all night, he was supposed be on stage in Manchester but did his show in Albert’s pub much to the consternation of his agent who was also his driver, does anybody remember the great Josef Locke, “While out in the desert weary soldiers they are sleeping” golly nearly broke out into song there until I realised I can’t sing.

hiya,
Hell fire “Suedehead” youv’e dragged that post up from the cellar haven’t you,
it’s more than 50 years ago since I had boys nights out in Oldham but once he
got up to sing on stage about the size of a pool table not even his agent had
any chance of getting him down and he sang his heart out for the punters and
all for no payment, I should imagine “Hear My Song” would have been rendered
it was one on the go at that time, a hell of a voice in his day,never heard of
him passing away but he must be a ripe old age if he’s still alive.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

Suedehead:

harry_gill:
hiya,

hiya,

Josef Locke was the stage name of Joseph McLaughlin (23 March 1917 — 15 October 1999), an Irish tenor. He was successful in the United Kingdom and Ireland in the 1940s and 1950s.

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Suedehead:

harry_gill:
hiya,

hiya,

Josef Locke was the stage name of Joseph McLaughlin (23 March 1917 — 15 October 1999), an Irish tenor. He was successful in the United Kingdom and Ireland in the 1940s and 1950s.

There was a film done about his life, with Ned Beatty played the part miming the songs, terrific voice, stirring songs, same period as the roaming vagabond Cavin O’connor, as a young boy I would listen to them on the wireless,also " Hutch". :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Suedehead:

harry_gill:
hiya,

hiya,

There was a film done about his life, with Ned Beatty played the part miming the songs, terrific voice, stirring songs, same period as the roaming vagabond Cavin O’connor, as a young boy I would listen to them on the wirless,also " Hutch". :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There’s a few on some of these forums who wouldn’t know what a wireless is Norm,let alone the singers . :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Suedehead:

harry_gill:
hiya,

hiya,

There was a film done about his life, with Ned Beatty played the part miming the songs, terrific voice, stirring songs, same period as the roaming vagabond Cavin O’connor, as a young boy I would listen to them on the wirless,also " Hutch". :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

There’s a few on some of these forums who wouldn’t know what a wireless is Norm,let alone the singers . :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

My god, it will be useless to tell them about crystal sets, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you could listen to music. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Suedehead:

harry_gill:
hiya,

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

My god, it will be useless to tell them about crystal sets, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you could listen to music. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You are going back a bit now Norm,you will have the Jack Russell and his masters voice on next. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

harry_gill:

Suedehead:

harry_gill:
hiya,

hiya,

youtube.com/watch?v=Mz4lKSaxsBI
There you go harry

Suedehead:

harry_gill:

Suedehead:

harry_gill:
hiya,

hiya,

youtube.com/watch?v=Mz4lKSaxsBI
There you go harry

I listened, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: it brought back my childhood years,great singer. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: nice one Suedehead.