Northwest Trucks

James Nuttall Scania 94D- 220

hiya,
Has anyone got any pics or memories of Bob Bennetts transport of Bacup in Lancashire they also had a fleet of motor coaches which my dad used to drive as well as a fleet of hearses the coaching side of the business was called Rossendale division carriage company there yard “still there” was at Pippin Bank Bacup remember they had some four wheelers doing a regular night trunk to Paisley and I think London I don’t think they had anything bigger than four wheeled rigid’s.
thanks harry long retired.

Taken from their web site

main_554%20ntj.jpg

dutchie64:
nice one paul to see the site up and running again.i think loads of people will visit your site again.rob mookhoek

Hi rob how u doin not seen u for a while hope all is well Louie

Redways from over Widnes area
Redway Rubber Liner 001.jpg
Photo from Sayers Tankers website.

Hello. I’m new to the forum.
I found the Northwest trucks website while randomly googling a haulage company I used to work for. Imagine my surprise when I found a whole page of pictures of vehicles from Leggett Logistics. Even of S309KLU when it had it’s curtain change. I was the driver when it had the re-vamp at Swindon depot.
Before I used to drive S305KLU.
There were no contact detail on that site of who to contact. Then google through up this site. So hopefully I can get an email address for sending some pictures.

Cheers.

I collected S309KLU from Swindon depot and took it back to Reddish, it then became my vehicle for a while. Referred to as either the “pram” or the “puddle jumper” , it wasn’t a bad vehicle.

moomooland:
Hi,
Have added two more collections to the site over the last few days.

Killingbeck’s of Blackburn

Millers of Wheelton, Chorley

Hope you find these of interest will be adding a Jameson section shortly if any one has any inside info about the company who had depot’s in Heywood and Southampton please get in touch via the web site.

Regards Paul Anderson Northwest Trucks

Jamesons were a Southampton based company who out based some some units at Ewood Bridge near Haslingden before moving to Heywood.

The owner was called Charlie Jameson and they was one of first UK fleets with Scanias. Knowles Vanlines used to backload through Jamesons. A lot
of it was work out of Southampton docks

A couple for this thread, Henry Johnson’s Foden S80’s and Oswald Ingham’s unpainted Scania 142 and re-cabed and painted DAF 2800.

Regards
Dave Penn;

P6270085.JPG

P6270083.JPG

P6270082.JPG

P6270081.JPG

Dont know if these are already on here.
transportphotos.com/road/photos Bob Hobbs site

Can anyone give me an update on how to access the Northwest Trucks photo web site ? .

Hi shugg
Like I said in a earlier post,the bloke who owned the site Paul had his photos on as pulled the plug again same as the fotopic site did last year,so we now wait with baited breath to see if Paul is going to start again with another site if he can find one.I am sure that when he gets over this happening to him again he will come on and give us a few more answers himself.

Photobucket killed this post :frowning:

Cheers for that Paul,much appreciated that you have given us an answer cheers.I hope I speak for everyone who have enjoyed the pics and info on your site in saying it will be sorely missed.

Hi Paul, I am really sorry to hear that two years of your hard work has gone down the pan as you say. Is there anyway that you can put at least some of your photos on Trucknet as I know that your site has kept loads of us on here entertained over the last few years. If you can’t then thanks for all the happy memories that you have given us through your great site.

Regards Steve.

P.S. I was thinking of you a couple of months ago, I don’t know why :laughing: .

Stanfield:
Cheers for that Paul,much appreciated that you have given us an answer cheers.I hope I speak for everyone who have enjoyed the pics and info on your site in saying it will be sorely missed.

I would like to second the above quote , it is such a pity to have this very professional site disappear , Paul can you not persuadeTruck Net to allow an outlet for your talents ? , meanwhile many many thanks for the many hours of enjoyment while browsing your site .

I have to agree with all the above posts,it has been a fantastic effort on your part,sadly no more but take heart in the fact that you have brought happy memories back to lots of members on here.Thanks for all you have done over the years and keep posting.
regards dave.

shugg:

Stanfield:

I would like to second the above quote , it is such a pity to have this very professional site disappear , Paul can you not persuadeTruck Net to allow an outlet for your talents ? , meanwhile many many thanks for the many hours of enjoyment while browsing your site .

hiya,
Such a shame that Northwest Trucks is no more there was quite a few wagons
featured on there that I was going to print off for my own personal use that I
had been involved with/driven, but I never got round to it and now of course
it’s too late, that’s typical of me “there’s always tomorrow” seems to be my
motto, ah well.
thanks harry, long retired.

Stanfield:
Dont know if these are already on here.
transportphotos.com/road/photos Bob Hobbs site

hiya,
Many moons ago had this motor for a week running London to South Wales
return subbying for MAT Transport it was always kept immaculate, now a
museum piece and seemingly still running as sweet as a nut.
thanks harry, long retired.

Got to agree with all these comments. One of the best sites on the web for Lorry drivers memories.

Thanks Paul.

Ray