Cumbria companies

I used to get both the “old” mags for years but the content gradually went downhill as fast as the price went up plus I discovered TNUK,no contest!!! Why bother buying crappy mags when you can discuss,directly,the good old day’s with “the living legends”( or is it Leg-ends?) that contribute regularly to the TN site!! I won’t name any of them as I will no doubt miss someone out which wouldn’t be fair,they are all stars and everyone of them quite capable of posting “a gem” about some topic or other!!! Why pay to read about a “sanitized” version in a poxy mag when you can get the whole unadulerated 9 yards (//@£!!!^FU** U $$$#####) version!!! Cheers Dennis.

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Bewick,
Thankyou for those kind words. I live at Waverton, so I’m in the middle!!!
■■■■■■■■ Gill
P.S Classic Commercials is very expensive (£3.98 if think). If you get the chance, try and read it in WhSmiths like I do. Nobody minds. Read it, pop it back on the shelf, and walkout, No Money Spent!!!. I only buy the magazines that I like reading (T&D, TN & CM)

Typical ■■■■■■■■■■ “tight arse” marra eh! I’d chop your zb hands of if I run the paper shop!!! Anyhow I don’t believe you live in Waverton!! I have it on good authority that you live in Fletchertown eh! Your just dragging a “red herring” across the thread so you can’t be found!! For all I know you could live in “Spiatri”!! Cheers Bewick.

Hello Bewick,
I do live in Waverton, it’s true!!! (I would hate to live in Aspatria, wouldn’t you■■?)
Thanks Lawrence Dunbar for the info on CC magazine, I’m shocked it’s £4.20 (I never look at the price).
■■■■■■■■ Gill
P.S I’m not a tight arse, Bewick (on second thoughts), but then I could spend £160 on a Model Lorry for my ‘ever growing’ collection.

Bewick:
I used to get both the “old” mags for years but the content gradually went downhill as fast as the price went up plus I discovered TNUK,no contest!!! Why bother buying crappy mags when you can discuss,directly,the good old day’s with “the living legends”( or is it Leg-ends?) that contribute regularly to the TN site!! I won’t name any of them as I will no doubt miss someone out which wouldn’t be fair,they are all stars and everyone of them quite capable of posting “a gem” about some topic or other!!! Why pay to read about a “sanitized” version in a poxy mag when you can get the whole unadulerated 9 yards (//@£!!!^FU** U $$$#####) version!!! Cheers Dennis.

hiya,
Yes Dennis magazines, bah humbug, the old pension doesn’t run to that sort of expense, I’ll have you know I’m a mine of information regarding the “industry” albeit it being misleading and nonsense bit like the present day overpriced rubbish on sale in W H Smith, there is usually a lorry mag or two at my local surgery of which I’m a regular visitor, and I do take a peek until I hear the magic words “next”
thanks harry long retired.

Hello Harry,
By God, your Luck, In Wigton, it’s ‘Women’s Weekly’ or a 2002 ‘BBC History’ magazine (which is a load of crap).
Please, Please, tell me where you go■■?
■■■■■■■■ Gill

1volvo1:
did that f12 used to belong to d maxwell before cassons?

That B Reg was Ronnie Millicans , nearly sure of it , although Cassons did buy Maxi,s F12 , D626URM , think both of them ended up gettin exported

Stanfield:
Has anyone put these on here yet.Cant remember if I have or not (not to worry )0

That was our old fellas motor before he retired :slight_smile:

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Harry,
By God, your Luck, In Wigton, it’s ‘Women’s Weekly’ or a 2002 ‘BBC History’ magazine (which is a load of crap).
■■■■■■■■ Gill

hiya,
Chester le Street health centre, hope you’ve got a bus pass.

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Bewick, I do live in Waverton, it’s true!!! (I would hate to live in Aspatria, wouldn’t you■■?) Thanks Lawrence Dunbar for the info on CC magazine, I’m shocked it’s £4.20 (I never look at the price). ■■■■■■■■ Gill P.S I’m not a tight arse, Bewick (on second thoughts), but then I could spend £160 on a Model Lorry for my ‘ever growing’ collection.

If you’d ever run 100 of them for a few years the last thing you’d be doing is spending £160 on a “fast eddie” model far better treat yourself to a case of Scotch,now that would give you pleasure,you could drown your memories of the past nightmares!!! Keep your elbows in Marra eh! Cheers Bewick.

Hello,
Harry Gill, I maybe won’t travel to Chester le Street, but I’ll complain to the management of Wigton Health Centre for not putting truck magazines in the waiting room!!
■■■■■■■■ Gill
P.S Bewick, heres another photo for you.

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Harry,
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Womans Weekly sounds about right for the west ■■■■■■■■■ CG, We have real men on the east side of the peninnes!! not a sheep worrier amongst us. :imp: :imp: :imp: ps tin hats fastened tight. regards kevmac47.

kevmac47:

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Harry,
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Womans Weekly sounds about right for the west ■■■■■■■■■ CG, We have real men on the east side of the peninnes!! not a sheep worrier amongst us. :imp: :imp: :imp: ps tin hats fastened tight. regards kevmac47.

hiya,
Kev beware the wrath of Dennis, fair play you’re a braver man than me but it may be you can run faster.

How brave am I Harry? I took these shots this morning about the same time I posted my last message :smiley:
I was tipping at EWM Kingstown. The Scania is mine. Their drawbar trailers are all on “A” frame, not

the easiest “barra” to shunt about eh? regards Kev.

Sorry if the text is mixed up I dont know what I’ve done wrong.

just found this forum,reading the comment about my old boss curly cargill what a gentleman,worked for curly for about 22 years and enjoyed every minute,firebricks from steins steel from ravenscraig,gartcosh and dalzell works, now work for a irish firm on abnormal loads mainly wind turbines ,curly taught me well

shortstuff:
just found this forum,reading the comment about my old boss curly cargill what a gentleman,worked for curly for about 22 years and enjoyed every minute,firebricks from steins steel from ravenscraig,gartcosh and dalzell works, now work for a irish firm on abnormal loads mainly wind turbines ,curly taught me well

Hooray!!! finally one of the “great” Curly’s lads has joined the site,and a long serving one at that!! I’ll kick a new thread off and lets hope some of his former drivers from around Penrith will contribute,I know a lad down in Wales who’ll be delighted! Cheers Bewick.

hodgeturbo:

arkie:

hodgeturbo:
tony markley silloth

did wurzel used to drive that paul

yes he did drive it

wuz

kevmac47:
0How brave am I Harry? I took these shots this morning about the same time I posted my last message :smiley:
I was tipping at EWM Kingstown. The Scania is mine. Their drawbar trailers are all on “A” frame, not
12the easiest “barra” to shunt about eh? regards Kev.

hiya,
Will the “barra” shown take you up to retirement Kev.

hi bewick ,remember going to ministry testing station with curly at milnthorpe ,any problems and your lads all ways willing to help , i was just 21 when curly put me through the test,them were good days, did you buy a unit off curly for shunting down south, did lenny valsler drive it

shortstuff:
hi bewick ,remember going to ministry testing station with curly at milnthorpe ,any problems and your lads all ways willing to help , i was just 21 when curly put me through the test,them were good days, did you buy a unit off curly for shunting down south, did lenny valsler drive it

If its the one I’m thinking of we ran it at Milnthorpe as a shunter but I can’t recall the reg no. cheers Bewick.

harry_gill:

kevmac47:
0How brave am I Harry? I took these shots this morning about the same time I posted my last message :smiley:
12the easiest “barra” to shunt about eh? regards Kev.

hiya,
Will the “barra” shown take you up to retirement Kev.

Definitily Harry, This time next year I will be taking a leaf out of your book and letting the State
help to keep me,(the bride also). I never thought about retiring until two years ago but I think
the time has now come to call it a day. I have heard on the grapevine that they are going to
have a big party in London starting on the27th of July and they are trying to keep it secret
by saying it’s the Olympic Games :smiley: :smiley: but between you and me it’s all a smokescreen for
my retirement party. regards Kev. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: Ps. Do you think you could manage the torch to
light the candles on my cake.