Cumbria companies

Further to my previous post regarding J.W. Grahams I remembered that John McGuffie bought a new 180 LXB Atki ( H reg Silver knight) off Grahams when they were Atki dealers and before Scotts of Nottingham opened as Atki Distributors in Penrith. I believe George Graham started to sell Scanias from Embleton ( between Bass Lake and Cockermouth) and John also bought a Scania 80 from Grahams as he did quite a bit of subbing from them out of Workington Steel. It would be around this time early '71 that George Graham parted company from the Family firm and started Graham Commercials in Carlisle as sub dealers to Union Trucks from Newcastle. Grahams eventually became fully fledged Scania Distributors in their own right. Maurice Graham carried on running J. W. Graham at Embleton and sold CF trailers along with running a successful haulage business. And thinking about trailers all the 7x 40ft CF’s I got from John McGuffie when I bought that part of his business were supplied by J.W. Graham and I also bought a number of trailers from them including a Dry freight 40 ft van which I sold on to J & W Watt of Carlisle the other two or three, not just sure now, were CF 40ft flats. Cheers Bewick.