A1 truckers club

Afternoon all, I don’t know if anybody still follow this thread or if anyone is interested but it was my mum and dad and friends that started the A1 truckers Club at the Royal Oak… For anyone with a good memory their CB handles where Cockney Rebel and one off cockney…
Would be nice to hear from anyone that remembers them

Does anyone remember this club or was u in it even?

Remember seeing a few Trucks with the AI truckers Club stickers across the windscreen.
Where was it based? Used to be in the Geordie Truckers Club meself

not totally sure well before my time as a driver but can remember talking to my dad it when he use to be on the road and i think he said it was done from newark but 100% totally sure

I used to be in the A1 truckers club, i joined about 1983 at the roadside cafe in the lay-by at Elkesley (betwwen Markham Moor and Ranby roundabouts).I paid i think £1.00 and got the sunstrip, I never managed to get to any get-to-gethers but i seem to think they used to meet in Newark.It wasnt much longer before it packed up tho’ i think,but i could be wrong.

Yeah ex member myself, HQ was The Royal Oak Newark (long since shut) can’t remember his name (Gerry perhaps) who was landlord & an ex Bertschi driver if my memory serves me well. His wife was a tall willowy blonde I can picture her now but again the name escapes me.

Twas in the days of 2 lorry parks in Newark, 1 by the cafe near the river & 1 opposite the castle with showers in green huts.

Think tuesdays were meeting nights.

FLIP:
Yeah ex member myself, HQ was The Royal Oak Newark (long since shut) can’t remember his name (Gerry perhaps) who was landlord & an ex Bertschi driver if my memory serves me well. His wife was a tall willowy blonde I can picture her now but again the name escapes me.

Twas in the days of 2 lorry parks in Newark, 1 by the cafe near the river & 1 opposite the castle with showers in green huts.

Think tuesdays were meeting nights.

the was a driver who worked for Bertschi from and not that long been retired from them but he wasn’t a land lord anywhere

Ahem… :smiley:

Trucks (34).tif (1.75 MB)

My old motor