Hoveringham gravels

nigelhunt:
Hi capullo,great photos.the one in the middle is the rear end of the wrecker built in house at hoveringham.Do you have
any more pictures of the wrecker.Heres one of mine taken in the body,shop.

The attached picture was sent to me because they thought it was a Hoveringham wrecker, I don’t know may be RMCor Rugby cement what do you think■■?

Is it this one?

Here is a couple of pictures to show the progress of ex-Hoveringham Foden AAL 712H :smiley:

I dont know if we have had this one before DAF2300 taken at TipCon 1979(Off Bob Hobbs Photo site)
transportphotos.com/road/photos
DAF 2300 Hoveringham JS16346.jpg

i remember running out of hoveringham at finningley side of the old air base between doncaster and bawtry when driving for old j hanson, regards corvette159

Hi corvette 159,can you remember this company.

This thread has been a bit too quiet for too long…Hoveringham 1957

img014.jpg

nigelhunt:
LOOKS,THE SAME.

I worked for E.BUTLER & SONS (MALTBY) from 1974 to 1984 tarmac took us over in 1979,dont know what year they bought hoveringham,but I remember changing a steering box on a ford transit with this colour scheme.paul.

scan0001 (4).jpgHeres a picture taken about the same time.

Found this one on another thread.I think judging by the fleet number on the door this is an ex hoveringham from about the same era.

Here is the entrance to an ex Hoveringham pit in Essex,
pretty much worked out years ago, but a friend of mine runs a tidy little fleet out of here & digs out the odd load of type 2,
The gates are still in good nick & used every day

nigelhunt:
0Found this one on another thread.I think judging by the fleet number on the door this is an ex hoveringham from about the same era.

Great pictures Nigel.

Great site you got going here Nigel with alot of support of photo’s from yourself and friends, brings back lots of memories from my younger days.
I should get something going with past with Rushcliffe Fuels and before them was NCC transport and J Clark transport from New Ollerton Notts…anybody remember them…
Keep up with the good work Nigel… Regards Colin

Just arrived today ! AEC Ergomatic, WAL 3626G, if anyone wants one, they are £12 each, free postage in UK, drop me a PM.

28-02-2008224657-1.jpgHi tarmac,pity they didnt make a model of the scammell eight legger as pictured above.
28-02-2008224657-1.jpg

An eight wheeler model is due from Oxford diecast soon, I don’t know what vehicle but it will be Hoveringham livery, keep watching!
All the best, John Oglesby.

brick2.JPG Hope its this one.

just thought I’d pop this in here…