S A Y transport brailsford derby

Cockney Pete3:
I remember seeing Yates’s wagons loading out of Lovells Wharf, I don’t suppose anyone has any pix of the Daf 95 or the F90 M.A.N? Especially F440 FNU driven by a bloke called Don…

I used to drive the DAF 95 for Stuart Yates back in the day, I think it was 1986

Beach Bum:

Cockney Pete3:
I remember seeing Yates’s wagons loading out of Lovells Wharf, I don’t suppose anyone has any pix of the Daf 95 or the F90 M.A.N? Especially F440 FNU driven by a bloke called Don…

I used to drive the DAF 95 for Stuart Yates back in the day, I think it was 1986

Always where my favourite fleet and its the more unusual trucks that I want to build models of, the Daf, the MAN’s and I’m sure I saw a F12.400 Globetrotter in there colours once, anybody?

its a bit of a late reply but my uncle used to drive one of them scanias i think it was G145 PRA but im not to sure! its them trucks that got me into driving!! hes got a massive photo album of all of yateseys trucks in action but being as he now lives in canada its a slight struggle getting them on here lol but i keep trying to get hold of them if i get any i will post them up!!

donkeyv8:
its a bit of a late reply but my uncle used to drive one of them scanias i think it was G145 PRA but im not to sure! its them trucks that got me into driving!! hes got a massive photo album of all of yateseys trucks in action but being as he now lives in canada its a slight struggle getting them on here lol but i keep trying to get hold of them if i get any i will post them up!!

Hiya donkeyv8…can’t you get your dad to post them himself on truck net from canada…i’d like to see some photo’s of the yates trucks.
i run out of hulland products and knew a few of the drivers, any idea where wig is these days not seen him for years.
i think he was on for mark young the last i herd.
John

hiya john its my uncle who used to drive for yatesy, sooty ya might know him. i will try and get hold of hi see what he can do but to be honest hes not into all this computor lark lol too much technology or summat! i will do what i can to upload them for you because i want to see them aswell mate.

donkeyv8:
hiya john its my uncle who used to drive for yatesy, sooty ya might know him. i will try and get hold of hi see what he can do but to be honest hes not into all this computor lark lol too much technology or summat! i will do what i can to upload them for you because i want to see them aswell mate.

cheers John

I know a Sooty, on for Hartshornes in Alfreton, they run onto the Coop depot where I work

not him sorry pete… he ran his own trucks for a while after that then moved to canada about 10 years ago. he says hes going to send me the pics over as hes moving house so he is going to find them out! :smiley:

Hiya… i was out with alan and brian wibberly on saturday night…they have’nt changed much. good lads
John

3300John:
Hiya… i was out with alan and brian wibberly on saturday night…they have’nt changed much. good lads
John

Not seen Alan and Brian (the twins) for many years now, I even missed their Dad Tom’s funeral because the missus had a hospital appointment. You loose touch quickly when you no longer go out driving around for a living.

Pete.

windrush:

3300John:
John

Not seen Alan and Brian (the twins) for many years now, I even missed their Dad Tom’s funeral because the missus had a hospital appointment. You loose touch quickly when you no longer go out driving around for a living.

Pete.

I was pals with the late Brian Wibberly who lived at Brownhills in his later years but he came from Anslow and was related to the F. B. Atkins family,would he be any relation to these twins you talk about,by any chance ? Cheers Dennis.

windrush:

3300John:
John

Hiya pete…ive not seen them since about 88. i was at Ian Masseys ruby wedding party. david massey was there ive not seen him since the 70’s
there was about 12 ex richardsons drivers there. it was a good night.tommy babb was there i never saw him. i saw phillip jones
i had collected some silly stuff together to play a joke on ian i got some grains/hops/coal/bricks/beet pulp and some coffee, all things we carried on richo’s, i sort off give him clues to what they was and made him guess. i thought tommy would have joined in and spoke to me but he mus’nt of guessed who i was. i had some beer bottle labes made with one of richo’s lorries on, i give a bottle to the drivers, full obviously. that went
down verey well
John.

In the seventies and eighties I used to load concrete beams from Richard Lees. It was a great load but a right pain of a place to get to. The 1418 merc I had then made the drive back to the A38 a bit hairy as the brakes were to say the least soft!! I never will forget the shunt unit at Lees, it was an AEC Mercury and it was immaculate, although it never left the site. The shunter took a real pride in his motor, unlike most workhorses it was polished and clean always and no rot or damage. Regards Kevmac47

A message to Don (poachermillward) got your message mate and I’ve sent a reply don’t look like you got it though, get in touch either here or private message me and ill give you my email. Peter

ay up fellas ive posted a few pics on facebook if any of you are on there nick donkeyy gilman if you want t add me just inbox me what your addng me about so i dont ignor it!! :smiley:

Thanks for the add Nick, got a couple of great pics there. Peter

A couple that I’ve got E406 BRB and E706 HUT loaded with coil leaving Lovells Wharf.

Amber%20Valley-20120628-00078.jpg

I Remember S A Y , with Man s alwase had bricks on when i saw them very clean and smart fleet ,they used to go like the devil up shap could not catch them ,happy days Yours Barry

cheers pete good photos there! watch this space for hte whole album coming on im goin over to fetch it hahaa :laughing:

Good pic of Bloors Topliner too though I remember them having a F12 tag and a Merc 1644.