S Harrisons and sons -Sheffield

curnock:
wow !,fantastic :slight_smile:

I delivered steel around Sheffield & passed Harrisons yard many times. Rumor has it that some of the trailers stacked in their yard were never even used, been parked there from new. Can anyone enlighten me on this please.

Hiya …yes the trailers was just parked up. a chap from near Macclesfield (Ambrose Wood)bought one off Harrison’s a
few years ago to put behind his Seddon restoration.
John

Yes I remember them,in the late 80s I used to go into templeborough rolling mills regular to load coils of wire.The trls were there at that time,think there might have been a dozen.They were crane fruehalf f/beds and looked in good nick.But they were there for yrs and ive been finished 12yrs so don’t know what happened to them.
regards dave.

Are Harrisons still going and if so does anybody know what untis they are running please?

37114:
Are Harrisons still going and if so does anybody know what untis they are running please?

Hiya…NO everythings parked up now, a few lorries have been sold but not many.
John

37114:

they have a Scammell Highwayman,HWJ 940 C taxed and ‘on the road’,and a rigid-8 Scammell taxed,XS 5125 :slight_smile:

saw this on sunday at south Yorkshire transport museum

great pics revman at least sid managed to save a few eh , think this motor was one of youngs express

Hiya Revman…who owns the Scammell eight■■? has Peter given it to the museum or did someone else restore her.
John

I visited Peter at his Tinsley yard early last year, throughly enjoyed talking to him and he was very kind to let me photgraph the remaining lorries on site. I was really delighted to see this:

A real blast from the past, and thats before you get inside to see the wrokshop which is packed full of vintage goodness.

Stored or ready for export?

Must have been a â– â– â– â– â–  for the passenger getting his foot up on that spare wheel to climb in!

spoke to peter on sunday to enquire about any road runs but he hasn’t any planned,so I think it will be here for some time,he also said he’s open to offers for it,ye it is ex youngs express–regards alan

revman:
saw this on sunday at south Yorkshire transport museum

Hiya Revman how are ya just having an hour on trucknet i am still in the canarys great to see these pics of Harrisonsi remember going into their yard late 60s and talking to the fitter and he showed me two motors still in the primer paint and they were 5 years old and never moved from the garage keep the pics coming please :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hey, does this company exists today, or passed it away with the steelmills â– â– ?
I saw them lots of times around sheffield and Rotherham and surroundings, in the '80’s and '90’s

Eric,

tiptop495:
Hey, does this company exists today, or passed it away with the steelmills â– â– ?
I saw them lots of times around sheffield and Rotherham and surroundings, in the '80’s and '90’s

Eric,

I think the last lorry they ran was a ERF c series so they did see the light after the Scammells! The yards still there ,bits rented out I think , rumour has it there’s an unused Foden unit in the garage and a 8 pot Gardner engine too ?

Punchy Dan:

tiptop495:

Eric,

I think the last lorry they ran was a ERF c series so they did see the light after the Scammells! The yards still there ,bits rented out I think , rumour has it there’s an unused Foden unit in the garage and a 8 pot Gardner engine too ?

Rumour had it that there were 8 pot Big J’s but we never had any photographic evidence Dan’l so never mind rumours, next time your in Sheffield see if Harrisons will let you in to take a shot ! Then persuade them to sell it, what might it be worth then if it is fact not fiction, are you sure you were not out on the ■■■■ last night and it is all a figment of your imagination. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

I’ll ask my friend from Sheffield who’s family have been at it since the hos n cart .

Don’t tell Bewick- he’ll have it away for his collection in the barn. :wink: