Kingswood Transport

I was working for Kingswood when they went pop.
I remember Paul Gavagnan R.I.P (He died in his truck)
Doug Taylor
Dave Mckillop (the apprentice))
Paul Simon (rocket)
Kenny (married Chantelles daughter)

Aaah , Mickey Mathews, what a legend!

Haha! Kenny “Chien noir du Havre”

Ah Kingswood Transport, used to do work for Les Flack in the early 80’s mainly ATO chem, some times work was thin on a Friday when we were on SCAC so often we had 2 Thatchams to Sayers yard, one for Scac and one for Les liked him nice bloke, cheers Buzzer.

Ato-chem,happy days roping and sheeting. Thanks to Clive for giving me the practise for weeks!

Bumped into kevin rackham in shirley a month or two ago,hardly recognised him a sort of slimline rackham 2.0.
Said his brother was on for a well known eventing company.

pariah:
Ato-chem,happy days roping and sheeting. Thanks to Clive for giving me the practise for weeks!

Ah French roping with there copy dollies, consisted of a pigs ear tied into the rope and a loop to the rave and pulled down and you could not get the knots out, only one way was cut the little demons you were left with loads of short lengths of rope if you had to reload. And as for there sheets which usually consisted of a full tilt cover which weighed about 3cwt, how did we manage to lift the buggers leave alone make a decent job of covering the load, cheers Buzzer.

I’ll put these on here for Denis.

Hi Denis, Todd, Gary and all others.

fullsizeoutput_1ab.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1a8.jpeg

Wish I had taken many more pictures of the time and the people. Overall good times.

Macker1999:

To start with who is the poor driver you have run over in the photo of that load of plaster board I have loaded and had shipped over for you to take on to Portbury. Secondly I never earnt enough to be able to take a holiday. Regards Todd

There is an FB page for Kingswood. Post them on there and keep Kipper Nicklen happy.
Ive very few Sea Route photos, i’ve posted all before.

toddmck:

Macker1999:

To start with who is the poor driver you have run over in the photo of that load of plaster board I have loaded and had shipped over for you to take on to Portbury. Secondly I never earnt enough to be able to take a holiday. Regards Todd

Viewing the rear wheel,he is attending to the flat tyre that is obviously showing,nice legs though!

David

Todd, clearly your eyesight with old age failing . You never bothered to sheet a load that well [emoji58]
As correctly observed by other post, tyre being replaced cos I drove over some piling sticking up at Cocquelles site .
Les didn’t bill me for that as well as bent side guard with tauntliner in muddy puddle [emoji56][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any old Kingswood Drivers here :smiley:

Hi Guys spoke to Roger cross (Mr Angry) last week who directed me to this site. Looking for old Drivers, Tonto, Tod ,Colin Kirkham

hi there mate .tonto is working for jpi ings from chickenhall lane in easteigh[/i]

Hello mate ref your enquiry about Tod he is working for one of the Car Transporters running into and out of Southampton from Swindon and Cowley so he may be suffering a bit at the moment with all the short time workings.
Gary Burton works for me in the Summer Months and Tod does a few weekends.Gary is on here a lot so would have contact details for Tod,
Hope this helpfull

Well done Kipper.

If we could get Todd to sign in and remind us of all the nicknames that were flying about!

ianburns:
hi there mate .tonto is working for jpi ings from chickenhall lane in easteigh[/i]

Hi Ian I’ve just seen your name , Did you see my post about Paul Maggs Mack?