Peak District.

Permanite in Matlock closed a couple of years or more ago Chris, although I believe that have another plant locally? A neighbour of mine and also one of my clubmates drove Dodges for MT in the past, Charlie Lowe passed away a few years ago and I’m not sure which of the brother’s are still involved with the company nowadays? I heard that George Lowe’s daughter’s are part of it now, Mike (the Longdrag) will know. George did offer me a job there years ago though, a Clydesdale with a sleeper cab was parked in the yard without a driver and George said I could have it. “Set off on a Monday, come back either Friday or Saturday and sort your work out” was the job description. I asked about money; “That ruins many a gaffer/worker relationship” was his reply, " The more I pay you then the more time my girls in the office have to spend sorting it all out, that costs ME money". I didn’t take the job, stayed at Tilcon, but I did sell George a camping trailer and also a trailer tent, plus I painted and refurbished the toilets on his camping field for him so did work for him in a way!! :laughing: They must be decent company though, the tackle looks good and some drivers have been there for many years.

Pete.