Kenworth K100 UHW564V NRK790 PHU503R

hello, this is the kenworth now, its being restored in holland.

almost ready…

I’m guessing but the trailer in Harry’s foto, would that be a Hangartner trailer? You can’t identify it in the other shot.

This looks sad. Been in the blue and stripes since about 1988/1989. How come the mud gaurds have been removed? is it goin to be used as a show truck? I assume it would be approved for general use in belgium as it was in uk?

gazzer:
I’m guessing but the trailer in Harry’s foto, would that be a Hangartner trailer? You can’t identify it in the other shot.

That was definitely a ■■■■■■■■ It was a demo model on loan to the driver ,he made good money out of that one but the one he bought was a 2axe KW in Hangartner Green with a Detroit in it & always breaking down. He lost money & went broke. His name was Walti Neve & came from St Gallen in Swiss.

harry:

gazzer:

That was definitely a ■■■■■■■■ It was a demo model on loan to the driver ,he made good money out of that one but the one he bought was a 2axe KW in Hangartner Green with a Detroit in it & always breaking down. He lost money & went broke. His name was Walti Neve & came from St Gallen in Swiss.

If this is phu it was a detriot originally. From what i no Gavin McArdles old kw was originally a detriot but the owner had problems so it was sent back to Dandos and used as demo and fitted with a ■■■■■■■ before it was sold again. There are pictures with Dandos name in the aerodyne window while they used it as a demo, PHU had a detriot in it untill the mid 1990’s

That Swiss demo KW had a whole kitchen ,even the sink in the bottom bunk area…never used,of course.

Thats the one. Seat folded down n a sink folded out if i remember rightly. Had all the gadgets in it.
I was wrong dad had it sprayed around 86 n been the same since now

Hello a friend of mine used to own this truck and was wondering if anyone had any photos of it ?
It was imported then exported and reimported so has had a couple of number plates and a private plate.

Companies that owned it were Swiftflight,John Golding heavy haulage,J.C.Spencer ,N.R.Keedwell and
Cradock tractors.

Please post any pics if you have any. Thanks.

@PHU503R…good that your thread is recent at once with quite some details and
(for us and you) new information. Kenworth was represented by Paccar itself for
the timeframe about 1970-1985 and had their European HQ in the Genèvestraat.

Before my next removal I’ll try to do my utmost in the archives if (and even more
important where) I find some more literature on your Aerodyne. It had the livery
of the Friderici on the (French) specification-sheet but there should be more.

Hopefully I have the luck to find some this weekend and please PM me with your
emailadress to proceed ‘behind’ the scenes. I wonder which ■■■■■■■ was mounted.

A-J

Chose promis, chose due?

Herewith some apetizers, however in French.

Perhaps there is more but that depends on the
engine mounted. Even a workshop manual and
possibly a service directory and driver handbook.

Thanks ERF-Continental i will pass them on.

@Dean

Some pics on available literature, but in French language, ex-CDB

Kenworth-B.JPG

Kenworth-A.JPG

Thanks ERF-Continental for the brochures have passed them onto my friend.

Anyone got any photos of this motor ■■

@Dean

By the way, I can post the relevant brochures/specs towards your colleague/friend
when he understands the French language. It’s not packed yet in the removal-boxes.

:slight_smile: A-J

So they really had 24 volt electrics ? I’ve heard stories but there has been no facts before.

Hi all folks, a couple of years ago I bought a Kenworth K100 Aerodyne from England and I want to learn the history of it. Because I found out it’s a bit complicated (the least to say!). In it’s life it had many liveries, more owners, it had 3 different licence plates: UHW564V NRK790 and PHU503R. In Gaydon at the CVRTC show I have bought in the last years many pics of KW’s in England, but strange enough nobody had photos of this one. So please only replies in this thread about this particular truck. For others see the other topic about KW’s in England.

HI PHU go for it. Good Luck!
Gavin

This is what I know about it (what I was told): It came into UK in red/white (similar like BJ and the Bear) and with licenceplate YHW564V, then it went to Swiftflight in the same colors, later it went to John Golding and was painted blue/cream. Then it went to J.C.Spencer and was painted green/black. After J.C.Spencer it was repainted blue with red and dark blue stripes. At that moment it was still registered YHW564V, later it went in the same colors to Norman Keedwell and was reregistered NRK750. Then Steve Baker bought it and had it reregistered again and it got licence plate PHU503R. Steve Baker sold it then to a couple to be doublemanned. As I heard English can start business with a temporary licence, so it was “exported” to Belgium to avoid VAT. They ran Belgium-Switzerland for Ewals Cargo. In the weekends, they went back to England as footpassengers and left the tractor in the Total station in Zeebrugge. That’s where I spotted it several times during weekends. After their temp licence expired, they sold it in Belgium (again to avoid VAT) and returned back to England. As I was told more, the new owner(s) was/were planning to use it to haul from Morocco to Belgium with a fridge trailer. As the trailer was being fitted with “double bottom”, guess what they wanted to haul!!! But they were caught or something during construction of this, so not any transport was done. Instead, they ran away and left everything in a shed. As the rent was no longer paid, the owner of the shed asked a local craneman to pull everything out of the shed and just leave it there. The morning after the KW had disappeared. Then some time later somebody spotted it not far from Bruges and it was for sale. That was about 5 years ago. That’s when I bought it and it is since waiting in a dry shed for its registration back on the road as oldtimertruck (in Belgium they have to be at least 30 years).

This is how it looked when I used to spot it in Zeebrugge.

The Daf SuperSpaceCab in the background is of Colin Dearden. Maybe they ran together as they were mostly always parked together.