oil companys

Morrey Oils Ltd making a delivery to the Sunlight Laundry in Mossley Tameside today 4/11/11 does anyone know how long these have been operating for and where are they based

I don’t know for how long but they are based in Chester.

Not sure how many in total, but they do park a few in Nynas/Shell at Eastham

Sniffy:
Not sure how many in total, but they do park a few in Nynas/Shell at Eastham

Hiya …we got Colas trucks repaired at Morrey’s garage (Leyland DAF) the tanker side was next door,
this is by the A41 (nr Chester) at Waverton (station Yard) behind the Black Dog pub, i can go back to
1986 they was running Leyland Roadtrains in those days…can’t help before that year.
John

I remember when I used to go into Mobil at Buncefield, Charringtons used to have about 20 wagons based in there!

Add to last post, that was when I went in there with Dad, that was late 60s through the 70s!

What did the advert say, “Requires atttention”!

adr:
After :slight_smile:

CLH 957B.JPG

Here’s one I used to drive for C.W.Thompson, Staines.

18842_1257984784071_1663178461_652392_7234899_n.jpg

Greetings,All. Re. the photo of the Guy Big J on the wrecker, it looks like an old Shell black oil tanker.We had two at Wandsworth Terminal with Gardner 180’s in them.Would it be possible to find out the reg.number? Tall order I know,but one of you gentlemen might come up with it. Regards,900X20. :unamused:

GB Oils Renault delivering @ the Sunlight Laundry in Mossley

Burmah Castrol DAF 2500
transportphotos.com/road/photos (Bob Hobbs collection)

DAF 2500 Burmah Castrol JSc00955-03.jpg

Its looking bad for Petroplus,Reuters reporting terminal shutdowns and a 23% drop in shares yesterday,its all on Reuters click Petroplus,

Not looking good for Lindsey (spelling?) refinery apparently as Petroplus were due to buy the place. I hope they can continue refining and jobs remain safe.

Cavlad:
Not looking good for Lindsey (spelling?) refinery apparently as Petroplus were due to buy the place. I hope they can continue refining and jobs remain safe.

I was told tonight that Suttons had pulled all their motors off the Petroplus contract yesterday.!!

v7victor:

Cavlad:

I was told tonight that Suttons had pulled all their motors off the Petroplus contract yesterday.!!

This won’t be much good then… :laughing:

Reuters today reports Petroplus filing for insolvency and have stopped suplies from Coryton.

Even the wagons like this Bulwark Atki’, when they were on contract to a Oil Company were still done up smartly in the Oil colours :smiley: Unlike today where they are painted white with a sticker on the cab door that means bugger all to anyone :frowning:

IMG_0004.jpg

adr:
Even the wagons like this Bulwark Atki’, when they were on contract to a Oil Company were still done up smartly in the Oil colours :smiley: Unlike today where they are painted white with a sticker on the cab door that means bugger all to anyone :frowning:

Say no more ,my last motor before retiring,Vic.

A one from earlier

6.jpg