Welsh Border and Mid Wales Hauliers 1950's onwards

A couple of wagons,seen on the A49 at Leebotwood,Shropshire.

A Daf XF with a lowloader,seen on the A49 at Leebotwood,Shropshire.

At the lights on the A49 at Church Stretton,with a Mercedes going the other way.

One of Bayston Hill tippers,seen on the A49 at Church Stretton heading back to the quarry.

Another one heading back to Bayston Hill,seen on the A49 north of Craven Arms.

We took a pic of this Shrewsbury Scania on our way up the A49,here we have it going back up the A49 in Craven Arms…

One of Ed Weetman’s Volvo FH artics,seen on the A44 at Dunfield near Kington.

Chris Hazel’s Daf XFartic,seen on the A44 near Kington heading up to load at the quarries.

A Volvo FH artic,seen on the A44 on Kington bypass.

Mark Herrits with his neer Scania eight wheeler,seen on the A44 near Lyonshall,Herefordshire.

One of M S & E M Pareick of Leominster tankers,seen on the A44 near Lyonshall,Herefordshire.

Richard Bullock with C W Griffiths oldest Volvo FM which he has driven from new,seen on the A44 at Lyonshall,Herefordshire.

What do Griffiths think of the FM, Dave? I ask as our TM is toying with the idea of trying the FMX; Workshop Manager’s worried about the tare weight though as our alloy bodied FM only carries 19.7tonnes, although it does have a liner fitted to prevent loads sticking so it should in theory carry 20t. (Our new MANs only carry 18.8 :open_mouth: )

Muckaway:
What do Griffiths think of the FM, Dave? I ask as our TM is toying with the idea of trying the FMX; Workshop Manager’s worried about the tare weight though as our alloy bodied FM only carries 19.7tonnes, although it does have a liner fitted to prevent loads sticking so it should in theory carry 20t. (Our new MANs only carry 18.8 :open_mouth: )

Hi Nathan they have thirteen FM’s at the moment and one Foden which was one the last to be built.They have had a lot of FM’s over the years and if Paul didn’t rate them he would out the lot of them.He keeps the older one because the same driver has driven it from new and likes the lorry,also its given them no trouble.I think its 900,000 K’s,possibly more.
All their FM’s carry just over 20 ton with insulated bodies and electric easy sheets.
Cheers Dave.

A Mercedes artic curtainsider,seen on the A44 at Dunfield near Kington.

Not the best pic due to the weather.One of the mixes,seen on the A44 at Dunfield near Kington.

A blurred pic of a Mercedes artic,seen on the A44 at Stanner on the Welsh Border.

Bill McQueen in his Scania followed by one of Bayliss Bros artic’s,seen at Stanner on the Welsh Border.

My camera person said " its only a white thing " when we saw this Daf CF on the A44 at Penrhos near Kington.
I did explain due to cost etc,they will soon all be white…things :exclamation:

A Scania artic tipper,seen on the A44 at Penrhos near Kington.