volvo fl10s.....

Heres a pair of FL10’s taken 2000 approx. N51 OVK was a 6x4 rigid drawbar outfit and K454 WJX was a 38t artic. Both were great lorries. Dan

N51 at Wooler Mart.jpgHeres one pinched from JEH. Dan

scan0186.jpg

Alan Nichols Transport (Southampton)

From what I remember… after spending a typical 15 hour shift in an FL10, you really knew you had done a long shift LoL

Never drove one in anger, but they look a bit cramped.

Still earning its keep, Ross Marleys FL10

first motor i drove,geartronic fl10 in 2001

gutted when forced to move to this fh,though i soon began to enjoy gettin dressed stood up :smiley:

our yard shunter still roadworthy , have to admit i wouldnt mind a trip out in it , do i need attention, possibly medical? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Photo0026.jpg

I had an FL10 @ 38ton it was a lovely smooth little truck very quiet and comfortable, the only problem was lack of space if you had a few consecutive night outs

Not an Artic but my dad had an FL10 320 for around 3 years IIRC, Unfortunately not the same fond memories as some of you though as it was plagued with engine troubles, and coming from a Leyland that never gave a peep for 13 odd years, its time with us was short lived. As soon as financially viable, it went to be replaced by a DAF CF85.340

And a pic of this very truck in an earlier life can be found on David Smith’s site here.

*Afew I’ve dug-up, photos of photos I’m afraid so not the best…

Couple of FL10’s

not to meny more of this ,pic from to day,this is

here’s a line up of Swift FL10 (plus 1 daf85) on the way to do the london marathon baggage job. first time it was done with artics

tonyj105:
here’s a line up of Swift FL10 (plus 1 daf85) on the way to do the london marathon baggage job. first time it was done with artics

Nice picture, cheers for posting! I used to like the look of these with the later big bumper and spoiler underneath along with Swift’s smart , new, clean livery. …as it was back then!

i think the fl10s was 1 of the best trucks they made :smiley: :smiley:

yes , they weren’t a bad motor and served swift well.and then we got saddled with an early geartronic,what a pants motor,seemd to always leave you with a bag of neutrals on a roundabout, and wouldn’t reverse unless the surace was dead level.spent more time at billows with various fault codes then on the road.and it got worse if it rained.

As said before, they went alright, just a crap cab!