South Wales Hauliers sixties and seventies onwards (Part 1)

DEANB:

pete 359:

ianto:

pete 359:
Hi all,
Thanks for the picture Dean.Courtesy of the legend that is, Peter Davies a selection of his South Wales pictures…

The Commer Commando was new to Albion Concrete Llangadog was then sold to the drivers and was driven and then owned by Alun Richards from LLanwrda .His son is Emyr Richards known as Emyr Eggs .The Commando is still owned by Emyr as a testament to his father and is dry stored in his garage There was a stained glass picture of the Commando placed in the window of the front door of the family home

Hi all,
I know Emyr,he mentioned the Dodge to me,a few years ago now.Afaiaa he drives a stunning Black FH for Midwest Plant. A few oldies here.Don Jones ? A friend of my father,From Tycroes ran these red and white wreckers, Jenkins Of Skewen’s F10,An iconic pair from Walls Of Newport and two from Swansea during the early days of my good friend Ken Williams Recovery.
Lancie,give you a bell in the morning M8.

The second photo is intresting. I wonder if the Scammell started live as a Trunker or a Handyman ?

Hi Dean,
I’m fairly sure that was a Diamond T,with a Scammell cab fitted onto it? Don was a very clever engineer.All gone now,Shops built on his former business premises.