Volvo.F89

A late model F89 on its first trip to Iran towards the end of 1979
I really like this pic

[/quote]
Hi Josh I also like the picture of the F89. I drove this lorry in 1981. I have these pictures including its last trip

Dutchie:
hi mate that my old truck the number plate was s …vng its a long time a go now well if that the one on hubbard use to own and i drove it for a little time my was f89 but also had air cooler on the roof

Hi Dutchie,I drove this F89 for Don Hubbard in 1979, doing a weekly groupage run to Austria. After a few months of running to austria, it returned to pulling for Davies Turner, taking groupage loads to Iraq. The enclosed photo was taken on top of Bolu in Turkey on my way home one trip. It had never been fitted with an A/C, before or during the time i drove it, or whilst Don was an owner driver. Regards Jamie.

Two beer or not two beer, that is the question :laughing:
An F89 from Finland in transport for a brewery, in the seventies. Maybe bma can tell us more about it…

/Stellan

not about the motor, but the beer was dinkable ,and the name of it come from stellan,s and mine mutual history before 1809 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: (finns where sweeds then :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: )skål stellan from benkku

Is it possible to see on the old license plates where a vehicle comes from, as we had in Sweden before 1972… and I have the same question about the British plates, I’ve understand that it´s possible to read out the age of an British vehicle.

I think Isalmi is written on the door, is that for from where you are bma?

This F89 is from Mora in Dalarna, 470 km´s north of Gothenburg, and it has the letter “W” that stands for the County of Dalarna

/Stellan

no no i,m from korpo near Ã…bo (turku) and as you speak swedish to homelanguage,as well as finish. isalmi is the place they brew my favorite beer,near the bewick,s favorite finland(lapland) where he have been drinking vodka whit WALKI bosses :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice with the beer F89

The brewery is Olvi and its located in Iisalmi in the Nortern part of Savolax. Their beers are named after officers and other things from the Swedish army in the war 1808 - 1809 for exampel Sandels and Döbeln. I dont remember the beer von Döbeln buth I lives abouth 3 km from the place where he had his most succesfull battle aginst the russian army in september 1808, Juthas.

see more abouth Olvi here
olvi.fi/c/portal/layout?p_l_id=105201

And Stellan you can see from the plates until 1988 where the car came from for exampel V = Vasa län, L = Lapplandslän, T =Turun ja Porin lääni (Åbo och Björneborgslän)

This F89 is from 1972 or older with equipment from NTM( Närpes Trä och Metall)

Jontti:
And Stellan you can see from the plates until 1988 where the car came from for exampel V = Vasa län, L = Lapplandslän, T =Turun ja Porin lääni (Åbo och Björnborgslän)

Was it the same in GB at that time? I understand that it´s possible to read out from the plates when a vehicle was first registered… and where it was, is that right?

Summer, 52 tons and 24 meter in a Swedish forest… can a picture be a better? :smiley:

/Stellan

Yes it was the same in UK, still is in fact, except the older registrations were town specific, the newer ones are regional.

Example of old one MOO 123S, the OO would tell you it was registered in Purfleet Essex, the newer ones are similar to LM12 ABC, the LM tells you it’s a London area registration :wink:

Although a lot of people have vanity plates and they can be registered anywhere :wink:

M&C Jamie:

Dutchie:
hi mate that my old truck the number plate was s …vng its a long time a go now well if that the one on hubbard use to own and i drove it for a little time my was f89 but also had air cooler on the roof

Hi Dutchie,I drove this F89 for Don Hubbard in 1979, doing a weekly groupage run to Austria. After a few months of running to austria, it returned to pulling for Davies Turner, taking groupage loads to Iraq. The enclosed photo was taken on top of Bolu in Turkey on my way home one trip. It had never been fitted with an A/C, before or during the time i drove it, or whilst Don was an owner driver. Regards Jamie.

Old post i know but here it is again on left of photo, with a/c

Should have posted this one…the No. plate is clearer

I´ve wondered for a long time about the extra parking light on F86 and F89 from GB. Most other countries have that built in into the headlights, how come that you didn’t have that… has it anything to do with your left-hand traffic, and another kind of headlights?

/Stellan

mappo:

Hi Tony,
Now I know where you got your shorts from Jamie must have left them in the cab :blush: :blush:

Regards
Richard

MaggieD:

mappo:

Hi Tony,
Now I know where you got your shorts from Jamie must have left them in the cab :blush: :blush:

Regards
Richard

That’s a cracking pair of motors for their time, fair play to Buzzer.

class looking machines these 89s of buzzer i only hope mine will look as good one day regards rowly

MaggieD…No comment Richard…i dont want to offend Jamie. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley:

Here,s another 89 that i drove for Davies. It,s been posted before on the Davies thread. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

A data sheet from 1976… It was only 18 meters, so it was probably designed for the European market. The front axle on G88/89 was mounted 30 centimetres closer to the front then the F-model. It was a Swedish regulation at that time demanding a long wheelbase on the whole vehicle as it was possible to get, so it would be able to use a higher total weight.

/Stellan

I know this has been on other threads before but as this is an 89 thread here goes, used to drive it for Comptons Poole in Dorset anyone one know anything about it !!! :smiley: Was well used when I drove it but a lovely truck.

Regards Jimski

Jimski:
I know this has been on other threads before but as this is an 89 thread here goes, used to drive it for Comptons Poole in Dorset anyone one know anything about it !!! :smiley: Was well used when I drove it but a lovely truck.

Regards Jimski

Hi Jimski,
To me that is exactly how an F88/89 should look like, great pic’.
Regards Chris

Hi all, been going through some old photo`s today and found this pic of the F89 that I bought off Jim Hacking about 10 years ago. Its an ex Murfitts motor, NJE 776R. Unfortunately, I sold it on as I didnt have the time or money to put into it, a decision I regret big time now!! :frowning: :frowning: