Long gone sussex hauliers

Just found this on a Lane Signs website, still no pics of the old turquoise motors though, or the lovely 2035 and tilt trailer that used to go over the water (something to do with gearbox’s I belive).

peterz750:
Just found this on a Lane Signs website, still no pics of the old turquoise motors though, or the lovely 2035 and tilt trailer that used to go over the water (something to do with gearbox’s I belive).

The tilt trailer you’re asking about, did it have “boom edam” written on it, I’ve no pics but we borrowed it once, I loaded carbon black in it in IBC’s, made a right bloody mess!. Spread-axle job with bay doors/poles that were past its sell-by date! Thats probably why we were allowed to borrow the thing!

Regards,

Mark.

brookie:

peterz750:

The tilt trailer you’re asking about, did it have “boom edam” written on it, I’ve no pics but we borrowed it once, I loaded carbon black in it in IBC’s, made a right bloody mess!. Spread-axle job with bay doors/poles that were past its sell-by date! Thats probably why we were allowed to borrow the thing!

Regards,

Mark.

The 2035 and trailer you are thinking of was used for doing loads of SACHS Clutches and shock absorbers from Germany for a firm in Newhaven I cannot remember their name but they were taken over by Sachs and moved up to Leicester. The Boom Edam trailer was one of the old tilts with a new cover on it used for Boom Edam doors from Holland used to keep getting stopped at the Goen tunnel for over hight when the roof blows up on the way to and from Edam.

Blimey this brings back memories from long ago my Dad Martin O’Brien used to run for TOE for years he had a small fleet of mercedes bens a 1628,1633,1735 and a 2028 I can still remember the registrations, and i remember billy bunter well he had a 3300 daf super space cab which he stacked up the arse of another truck if my memory is right, that is when he then bought the american beuty! Bloody hell im going to have to dig these photos out, pretty sure i got them somewhere, also there were Calbersons trailor coming out of newhaven and does anyone remember SCACS trailors? not sure if i have spelt that right!!!
My Dad is a Mad Irish looking fellow with scraggly hair, sort of like a dark haired billy boswell from bread, but with a beard !!! lOL LOL :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I remember your dads trucks, you must get some pictures posted up, did’nt he start some thing on Denton island with another bloke, had load of newish Iveco Eurotech’s, me dad did a bit of part time in a MAN F90 they had for local work.

PVG was the name of the company, ran out out of the old dairy i think, here is the MAN I was referring to.

PVG MAN Beacon_3.jpg

PVG MAN Beacon_2.jpg

PVG MAN Beacon_1.jpg

Also while I have the scanner out here are a few from the truck show they held at Eastbourne coach park many years ago.

peterz750:
Also while I have the scanner out here are a few from the truck show they held at Eastbourne coach park many years ago.

My house is built on that park now!!

Regards,

Mark.

HEARD THIS WEEK THAT A E NEWBYS OF NEWHAVEN HAVE SHUT DOWN SAD DAYS

Some more traction boys, not all may have been from sussex but I bet the trailers would have passed through Newhaven at some point !

Volvo F88.jpg

Richardson Volvo TOE.jpg

DAF TOE.jpg

Bunters BBQ.jpg