Flags, flags and more flags

HI all, i am looking for volvo scania daf hino truck pennants flags etc,top money paid ,any help or leads would be very welcome cheers

PHAENG

It took me 5 years and I am still looking :stuck_out_tongue:

routier:
In those days, unless you had ye flags and the infamous Les Routiers stickers on the bumpers and the TIR sign on the front, ye truck was plain!!!

30 yrs on, no stickers, no flags, nowt…just lights,alloys and fancy paint jobs…yep they do look plain… no character!

Trucks have lost their Identity…

Have ye noticed when ye could spot a FrenchTruck with its Yellow Headlights, a Spanish Tuck with its illuminous Triangle on the roof, a German truck carryin a fat Hitler in braces on the back of the trailer, an Italian Truck with its bumper with 2 white stripes … now they all look the same, ye cant tell the difference.

And the Brits Nearly always had The headboard lit up cud see them comin 4miles especialy over Blanc at nite Cheers Chris.

CJA1:

routier:
In those days, unless you had ye flags and the infamous Les Routiers stickers on the bumpers and the TIR sign on the front, ye truck was plain!!!

30 yrs on, no stickers, no flags, nowt…just lights,alloys and fancy paint jobs…yep they do look plain… no character!

Trucks have lost their Identity…

Have ye noticed when ye could spot a FrenchTruck with its Yellow Headlights, a Spanish Tuck with its illuminous Triangle on the roof, a German truck carryin a fat Hitler in braces on the back of the trailer, an Italian Truck with its bumper with 2 white stripes … now they all look the same, ye cant tell the difference.

And the Brits Nearly always had The headboard lit up cud see them comin 4miles especialy over Blanc at nite Cheers Chris.

Any u Guy"s Remember the [RIF] Stickers, From The German Boat out of Ipswich early 70s Used to have some but alas like most things lost or thrown out, Cheers Chris.

I am looking for scania volvo daf man hino mercedes truck flags,100 pound offered please help me out thanks

The local testing station used to fail trucks with flags or anything in the window other than tax and operators disc.

What about picador spiks, pretend you went to Spain, bought them from CDC. Vikings, or that duck on wheels from Holland duck.

I’ve still go some original white and blue Olympic Ferries stickers. No not for sale at any cost.

Ferdy is doing 70’s 80 country of origin ovals, pretty good replicas.

A local “antique shop” is selling 2 original Michelin Men at $300 each.

Jeff…

Yeah, remember all the trucks being decorated with all kinds of stuff, ive still got quite a few, big swedish ones, down to the little blue triangle ones ( dover - calais ) or something like that, a few old hanging country pennants, bit dirty now though, and even a pudding shop one, gonna have to dig them out to remind me of what ive got…

Besides flags did anyone else have musical air horns ? You could by them as a complete kit, trumpets, hoses and electric compressor. I can’t remember all the tunes but the ones i had played ‘La cucaracha’ :smiley: :smiley:

charles

Come on lets go all the way.

You weren’t a proper trucker unless you had picador spiks in your windscreen (bought at South Minns) A thick wallet in the back pocket with an anchor chain off the Titanic, shades and a pair of furry desert wellies (backless clogs to the youngsters :wink: ) And don’t forget the crate of German Beer in the roof rack.

Happy Days :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

zzarbean:
Come on lets go all the way.

You weren’t a proper trucker unless you had picador spiks in your windscreen (bought at South Minns) A thick wallet in the back pocket with an anchor chain off the Titanic, shades and a pair of furry desert wellies (backless clogs to the youngsters :wink: ) And don’t forget the crate of German Beer in the roof rack.

Happy Days :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve still got the anchor chain on my wallet! After losing one with all the holiday money in Fishguard Harbour. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Close up view…

And not forgetting the Dragon…not the ex wife, she was worse… :smiling_imp:

You are dead right Ted but if I may opine to establish that you were a real international trucker with cojones the size of Ostrich eggs you really needed a yellow bucket hung on the front towing pin complete with a Euro Duck sticker purchased almost anywhere in Belgium.

David

I admit I spent my Shell Stamps with the best of them :blush: Usually truck stuff like Vacuum Cleaners, Note pads to stick on the windscreen and even a great little pair of binoculars, nicknamed my perving glasses by those who should have known better. :unamused:

One purchase that lasted was Fred Bear the monkey bought at Asten truckstop and thereafter my navigator sat in the windscreen of the various ERF’s I drove. At first he used to squeak but I must have squeezed him too hard and just like the wife he never spoke again.

As time progressed he survived a couple of spins in the washing machine when he came home for the summer holidays; and as the Elfin Satey reared it’s ugly head he had to have his own Hi-Viz. He must have travelled everywhere with me for over 15 years and is now enjoying a well earned retirement since Sat-Nav took over many of his duties.

fredbear.jpg

I still have a handful of the Mini-scarfs lying around in my attic & I’ve still got my French novelty plate with my name on it ( as depicted in the French Volvo picture below ( Red, Yellow & Green plate))…

Would anyone have any old window flags etc for sale ? If so pm me please…thanks

Probably more prevalent during the eighties but anyone know what became of the cab screen flags? Must admit to having a row of them myself but they just seemed to die out.
Can remember a F12 parked up in Greece and the whole screen, top, sides and bottom with yet more across the middle, how the driver could see out was beyond me :smiley:
A ‘Man Trucker’ dangly thing was another trinket of mine :blush:

Andy :wink:

No comments? Anyone?
An oddball subject i know but still one that interests me, after all it is history…well sort of… :laughing:
Anyone know when all the screen furniture started to appear?

Andy :wink:

Yeah, and what about the waving hand, that was useful when the coach loads of school kids went by, and you wasn’t a proper trucker if you hadn’t got a “Michelinman” on ya mirror bracket or somewhere. :laughing: Don’t you think though it was because back then lorry driving was more than a job, it was a way of life and your “wagon” or “truck” was like a second home and something to take pride in, even if you didn’t own it. :sunglasses:

You mean like this, one of my early ones.

BigG-Unit:
Yeah, and what about the waving hand,

Yeah I got my waving hand from the street sellers outside the Harem hotel in Stanly Bull.But most of the nick nacks we used to get at the Belgian truckstops as soon as we got off the boat.