any ex djp men out there ?
cmon there was enough of you

MIKE P:
any ex djp men out there ?
cmon there was enough of you

i worked there in about 1998 driving one of the merc vans they had
there was the four of us doing a contract for the IBM loan pool
john warren (aka bunny) did the routes and gave them out
then there was a young guy called ian thacker and another guy called alan,and me…
my mate pete hillback got me the job and i used to know pete speed.
we used to have a hired 7.5 tonner every now and when i left i went driving one of them…

D663NOB AND B269AOK Both purchased new from kellys B188aop WAS THE the first scania to enter the fleet this was just the begining to a great haulage company.
The rest is history.
Mike.

LRS860W & G693UBC both drove by Mark Ponsonby,
what a great driver our mark was, every school holiday i

spent in the passenger seat,

111 Shunter i wish i had this now im desperate for a shunter anyone out there got one in there yar gathering dust ■■
gary ellis drove this f12.

LRS after the sleeper conversion
B188AOP with the guinness tanker loaded for a regular trip to blandford forum for suttons oldbury depot.

Wow mike - great photos. A real blast from the past!!! Forgot avout the F12 until i saw it there, that was the shunter the old man took to insford isnt it? No tax if i remember correctly…lol! got anymore?

Is that me in the passenger seat of B188!!!

Some of these appeared in the mid 90s
Great little trucks
double shifted

Here are a few photos I have found from many years back that I thought i’d share with you. The first two are of a P Reg Scania in the white livery of Ponsonby Logistics. Both of these were taken at the Freight Area at Brussells Airport in 98/99.

These are photos of John Norris and Nigel Chambers around 88/89. Note the front offices were still being built at that time…i’m sure Mike P will be able to fill in the date it was finally constructed.

scan0004.jpg

These were taken on the morning of M156 KOE being taken and this was my steed from new.

These were taken at Truckfest '94. L7 DJP is the one I drive from new and was the only one on the fleet that had red writing on the Air Deflectors… the good old Wendy House!! the other are L10 DJP and L12 DJP

These are of E332 MHA, i drive this from new. This is taken around 1987 parked up off the Tyburn Road in Birmingham.

Taken in the flattest yard in the world.

A couple more from truckfest '94. that is all for now - I will keep an eye out for some more through all the boxes I have. Please keep posting some more if you find any. it brings back alot of memories.

Another Wendy House…

140.jpg

Paul Rawsons Parked outside his home in boston every saturday for a wash down,
069.jpg

MIKE P:
Paul Rawsons Parked outside his home in boston every saturday for a wash down, 0

i had that one when i started mike

i went in on my first day
was told a 9am start, so when i got to witton road, the only motor left up the yard was this one, so i knew it was bound to be mine

and when i jumped in it, i was surprised at how well it was looked after,

I then went onto one of those irish motors for a few weeks, then i had one of the ne 95 that come.

i enjoyed my time there, and was sad when it ended, met some good guys working there, that took alot of pride in their trucks and how they worked

regards tony b

The man himself, Denis j Ponsonby…