Liverpool Hauliers in the 1960s

Hi Lads
Just a recap on a question I posted early on, can anyone tell me the colours of the Bibby ballast tractor units please.
Ta lads.

can you fellas tell me the name of a haulier in 70s with dark green trailors and a white atlas on any pics would be good, thems the trucks that made me want to be a trucker

iceman1:
can you fellas tell me the name of a haulier in 70s with dark green trailors and a white atlas on any pics would be good, thems the trucks that made me want to be a trucker

Sound`s like Atlas Express Parcels.

Hi, Countycruser , Do you remember an owner driver pulled for L,F Briggs had a 8 wheel Atki ,then i think he changed it for a ,ERF , His name was TONY Hopwood ,used to live around Brombrough area iff you have any info on him please ,Cheers Barry

This ERF E10 is on an industrial estate near the Isle of Man Airport. Got a Liverpool KA reg,anybody recognize it,it’s got twin fuel tanks and was being used as a shunter.

could it have been one of arthur v crutchleys chris

bob-lad:

I’m open to suggestions Bob.I remember that name,was he from Liverpool or Manchester,can’t remember. :unamused:

Chris Webb:

bob-lad:

I’m open to suggestions Bob.I remember that name,was he from Liverpool or Manchester,can’t remember. :unamused:

hiya,
Bootle, Chris as a little fellah I lived near his yard. The colours are right for Arthur V Crutchley’s too.
thanks harry, long retired.

harry_gill:

Chris Webb:

bob-lad:

hiya,
Bootle, Chris as a little fellah I lived near his yard. The colours are right for Arthur V Crutchley’s too.

Thanks Harry. That blue colour was used by so many hauliers.It’s never had a Manx reg so I reckon it was shipped across just to do internal work.

Chris Webb:

harry_gill:

Chris Webb:

bob-lad:

hiya,

Thanks Harry. That blue colour was used by so many hauliers.It’s never had a Manx reg so I reckon it was shipped across just to do internal work.

And’t Jurby trunk at neet eh! Anon1.

Bewick:

Chris Webb:

harry_gill:

Chris Webb:

bob-lad:

hiya,

And’t Jurby trunk at neet eh! Anon1.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Eyup Dennis,it could well have done some neet work on UK plates over here. :smiley:

It was probably being used to load trailers onto the ferry & some idiot shunter forgot to pull the pin. Or his shift had finished & he just abandoned it on the boat and wandered off home.

Th’ERF is in for service to-neet Chris so you’ll have t’ do both Jurbys wid’ this Badger,gan canny though as it pull’s terrible fierce 'tut right when yer touch’t brakes ! :wink: :wink: :wink: Dennis.

Bewick:
Th’ERF is in for service to-neet Chris so you’ll have t’ do both Jurbys wid’ this Badger,gan canny though as it pull’s terrible fierce 'tut right when yer touch’t brakes ! :wink: :wink: :wink: Dennis.

That’s a raw tractor.

great pic dennis learnt to drive in an albion the same wheelbase as that as a kid at bowies , crutchleys were at liverpool birkenhead and hulme manchester im sure they ended up at widnes

puntabrava:

Bewick:

That’s a raw tractor.

:laughing:
Had one of them in 1968 Dennis,ex Northern Ireland Trailers reg was 9902 FZ.Great machine it was,piece of p*ss to do two Jurby trunks with her,plus a Castletown
before I go and wash t’windsock at Ronaldsway. :smiley:

Hi ,Boblad, I think that Leyland Beaver may have belonged to Crutchleys, SOTtrent ,iff its the same one we bought it , some one had fitted a Gardener 6lw init ,we nitever ran it on the road but used i at on a site shunting trailors from one factory to the other ,Cheers Barry

first post, reading about old Liverpool hauliers. we should not forget the old meat men of Liverpool. Wilson-duke, ritsons, union cartage. has any body got any photos to bring back some old memories.

I cannot seem to find any pics of Arthur V Crutchley’s lorries from the 1950-60s, can anyone oblige me please.
Also what vehicles did they have in their fleet.
I need this info for making my models of Liverpool hauliers, a long term project lads.
Any help please.
Thanks

Here’s one of Jarvis Robinson if it’s of any use to you.