Liverpool Hauliers in the 1960s

PeterR:
What a wonderful set of photographs on this thread. Many thanks to you all for posting.

I wonder if you can help me with a little problem that I have. I am interested in the movement of car bodies from the Triumph/BL factories at Speke. There are a couple of photos on this thread which show mid sixties trailers, each with 7 saloon bodies in primer, but I am interested in how they moved the TR6 bodies between Woodend Avenue and Speke Hall Road factories and then moved trimmed TR6 and Stag bodies (without engines and wheels) between Speke and Coventry where the engines were installed.

The mid sixties pics are cars in primer and they seem to show that the loads would have been sheeted and roped but I can’t believe that they did this with finally painted bodies. Does anyone know whether they had special trailers made and whether they were totally copvered ? And which companies did the transport - probably about 20 loads each evening.

Peter

i remember as a kid seeing the car bodies being transported south from the Speke factory and it was by a firm called Harpers.