A.S.Rawlings Transport Ltd

gerbil sb152:
Hi frank i seem to remember one or two nights in bordeaux in your company, i did wine collections for sts and then vincent cottells same company that steve mathews pulled for i had an r&a freight renault turbo liner. a few years ago know thou. kevin (the gerbil sb152)

Was it you who used to steal my green lamp lenses from my temperature sensors?

Hi all had to go to page 3 to find the thread but never mind.Gazzer are you here yet i have not heard from you get in touch when your here :laughing:

I dont think this has been on before but it brings it back up: Poor old Jim looks just about pooped doesent he?

Hi All spoke to Steve M this evening and showed him the thread & all your nice comments he was touched.
But he cant remember where the photo was taken do any of you experts know.
Cheers Rich

If you mean the foto of himself at the top of this page Rich, it was taken at a BBQ at my place in Fareham in 96 where the BBQ was made of a wood frame and a stainless steel sink…it caught fire! I kept cooking, just needed a possee of makeshift firemen with squeegie bottles to stop the flames getting out of control on the frame!

Wasn’t this bloke on the back of all German vehicles? “Willi mit Hertzig” or summat like that?

Sorry Tone, I’m not picking on you honest!

ainacs:

Frankie Flintstone:

gazzer:
I know he wasn’t a Rawlings driver but we all love him so much! he was part of the family. Also gets this thread back up there.

Same Mr Mathews obviously in a hurry coming out of Dover!!!

bloody nora, thats giving it some! excellent picture!

Hi kindle530. I think Steve was trying to catch up with the Rawlings drivers. Must be the F89’s and F12,s that are faster than the 141,s. lol lol
Richardg

Gazzer…You really must get a new camera mate, or at least change that wide angle lens. :unamused: :unamused: :laughing:

He told me he needed the wide angle for that shot Tone :laughing: :sunglasses: :laughing: :slight_smile: :laughing: R Jimski

Just in case Buzzer who is taking all the limelight in the Southampton area forgets one of the originals. Buzzer I remember many times one of the blue and white ones loading hides out of Medsted.
Do you remember John when you parked your recentlly painted (Davies Liveried) pickup in the road outside LS at Portswood and I backed into it with one of me old bulkers that was a bad Saturday for me!

I thought you would have used your correct name as i thought every body knows you as scattercash £.Anyway i do remember when i dooped you with some fake £1. coins i gave you for change on a baccy deal. my god that was a long time ago eh Ican remember loading hides especialy if jim loaded you he was a nutter on a forklift. Good straight company though did melvin ever make a mistake on the paperwork god he was meticulus. by the way Horry said to remind you not to forget your wallet at the next reunion bi bi for now Buzzer.

Good evening Mr IHT, hope your are keeping well. If I can just remind you of an even worse Saturday for you at the LSC Emporium. I believe it involved yourself and the said JD when you completed a transaction to purchase two pouches of Samson from him and it was later discovered by you the change from the ten pound note included a couple if ‘Iffy’ pound coins. I believe it made the front page of the local paper, the headline stated ‘LOCAL BULK HAULIER DUPED IN BACCY-FOR-MONEY DEAL’ - Don’t forget your running money for August ■■

traniht:
Just in case Buzzer who is taking all the limelight in the Southampton area forgets one of the originals. Buzzer I remember many times one of the blue and white ones loading hides out of Medsted.
Do you remember John when you parked your recentlly painted (Davies Liveried) pickup in the road outside LS at Portswood and I backed into it with one of me old bulkers that was a bad Saturday for me!

Hi Ian i cant believe you let rawlings thread get as low as page six on Trucknet is there no one interested in there past. Maybe the august gathering should be called under the name Long departed and present Southampton hauliers as there seems to be greater interest in this field.I think we should call a vote on this regards Buzzer.p.s. i thought of you today as on radio Solent they were discussing the fact there are 45 million fake pound coins in present circulation in this country today . Thought it may make you feel better about getting duped all those years ago.

Slanderous dealings in the nether regions!

It has never been the AS Rawlings gathering in August, Buzzer…merely a gathering of all of us compatriots who partook in an exodus from Southampton, laterly Pompey to Northern France and the environs further south thereon! Anyone who knew anyone was openly invited to assemble at The Wheatsheaf to pat on the back, buy a beer or even settle the score with those that could be arsed to turn up!

gazzer:
Slanderous dealings in the nether regions!

It has never been the AS Rawlings gathering in August, Buzzer…merely a gathering of all of us compatriots who partook in an exodus from Southampton, laterly Pompey to Northern France and the environs further south thereon! Anyone who knew anyone was openly invited to assemble at The Wheatsheaf to pat on the back, buy a beer or even settle the score with those that could be arsed to turn up!

Now look here Gazzer right from the beginning i was told it was an ASR gathering, never the less i will bow to your judgement on the issue, further to say its good to have a get together under what ever reason. When it occurs this year i am goin to make sure there is adequate fodder to soak up the beer as i believe many of us consume more than our usual quota and need substanance to keep us upright, i know i do any way. By the way what page did you have to go back to find the ASR thread ? as you can see from my last post i found it on page 6.

Good morning to you Mr Davies and and to you senor Burton and I must thank you both for rescuing this post from the depths of oblivion.I see that you Mr Davies continue to slander me wherever possible in so much as to imply that i may a little carefull with the hard earned pittance that I have managed to accrue.As the majority of people who know me will tell you a more philanthropic person you would not meet. I am still having to work for my living unlike you and Mr Slater who Hatched the lead pound coin plot.The thing is us country folk dont have the resources available to us that being part of the the Southampton family has bought you all.I now use my bus pass on a regular basis even if I dont want to go anyhere coz I get it for nothing and I think if I am able to save my winter fuel allowance for another five years I may be able to take a few days holiday in Bognor Regis.Thanks again for the rescue lets hear from a few more of you all out there.All donations to the Micheldever thatching society very welcome. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

traniht:
Good morning to you Mr Davies and and to you senor Burton and I must thank you both for rescuing this post from the depths of oblivion.I see that you Mr Davies continue to slander me wherever possible in so much as to imply that i may a little carefull with the hard earned pittance that I have managed to accrue.As the majority of people who know me will tell you a more philanthropic person you would not meet. I am still having to work for my living unlike you and Mr Slater who Hatched the lead pound coin plot.The thing is us country folk dont have the resources available to us that being part of the the Southampton family has bought you all.I now use my bus pass on a regular basis even if I dont want to go anyhere coz I get it for nothing and I think if I am able to save my winter fuel allowance for another five years I may be able to take a few days holiday in Bognor Regis.Thanks again for the rescue lets hear from a few more of you all out there.All donations to the Micheldever thatching society very welcome. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Now then, now then Ian let me first reiterate i did not give you that nickname i first heard Mr Jim Rawlings call you by that prefix.As for being a simple country person i surpose is another way of you admitting you are indeed a thicko,and as for running down myself and Les just because we did a little better in life than you have managed and now are able to reep the rewards of our efforts in retirement.As for your holiday in Bogner Regi i might be able to subsidise your stay there as i know a man who rents out a one man tent at a very reasonable rate and i think this would be suitable for your vacation as i cant imagine any one wishing to spend a week on holiday with you as it would cost them an absolute fortune as they would end up paying for every thing. if you wish to take up this offer please let me know.By the way i have not checked the bus routes but ime sure you would be able to get there even if you had to go via Petersfield, i do hope hope this gives you some thing to look forward to at the end of the forthcoming harvest season, thinking of you as always Ian kind regards Buzzer.

Keep on the right side of him Buzzer, he has a Digicard too and would willingly share the driving to the south of Spain for your illustrious establishment!

sorted the a/c in ian’s car today, so he gets his moneys worth, i expect he’s sat in his car right now in his thermals, getting his moneys worth, waiting before the gas escapes, the funny thing was, he didnt ask how much,but told me how long i took. ?

regards ft