Martintrux

rip Albert whiter ■■

montys daughter:
rip Albert whiter ■■

Just heard about Albert Whiter, sad, sad news, knew him from Martintrux a true gentleman always willing to help out if you had a problem and even if you didn’t, will be sadly missed, please pass on my deepest condolences to his family if you see them.
R.I.P Albert.

Ossie

Any chance of a snap of Albert? I must know him but I can’t place him. Only name I can remember is Roy who ended up in an office somewhere in Kent.I think he had 2 break-ins in his flat while he was away so packed the driving in.

Hello Ron, can you remember a Martintrux 142 E776 COO ?

montys daughter:
dad said hi just showed him all the od photos brought back some good memory the photo of the 142 on its own was his lorry trying to sort out some more photos as his got a few

Hope dad is still ok I think maybe last time I saw him was in the pub at South Ockendon 2008 . The lost photo of the 112 fvw 493y going up cenis was dads i have a a4 copy of it on my very old Nathan unit . I think the same truck he took me to the cannes film festival in , I think 1985

A bit late with this but I have only just joined the site.I use to work for Martintrux when they were based at Padnall Hall Chadwell Heath. My name is John Blewitt and the other drvers that I remember are Brian Pittman, Albert Kitchener( it might be Kitchen ), John Ireland,Roy Simmons,Terry McCarthy, John McPherson, Tony Rainbird, Topsy ( only remember his nickname ),McNab ( forgot his first name ).In the office was Bill Martin, Jimmy Martin, Russell Peters his father Dennis Peters( ex Peters and Barham the sand pit and tipper haulier from Romford) Reg Hilliard who was heavilly involved with Essex County Cricket also Keith Pont who played cricket for Essex.There was another couple of guys and a girl who I think was related to Reg Hilliard.Russell Peters ended up as CEO of P and O ferries.Bill Martins house was at the entrance to the depot
Brian Pittman and Albert Kitchener introcuced me to Kirsch one night when the three of us were “Snowed Up” at a routier hotel on the top of the " Col du Bonhomme " en route to Basel/Basle in 1972.
I did speak to Roy Simmons in 2012 and he was living in Elham near Canterbury. He was working for an agency on GIST at Faversham. I did ring his number a little while ago but he had moved.
Sadly Terry McCarthy passed away quite a while back. After he left Martintrux he had a demolition business and later on he had a transport company in partnership with Stan Allright who was from Horndon on the Hill in Essex. The company was called Seamac ans based at the UCC depot at Warley near Brentwood.Phil Armour (Armour Transport) bought his first lorry from Terry at Seamac.Well I will continue at another time all the best to all out there.

Glad Roy is still about. :slight_smile:

rexyu:
I remember Roy Simons who dove for them for years. He came, like me , from Hailsham, where we went to school together. Lovely cheerful fella, used to meet him in Italy mostly.I wonedr where he is now

A few weeks back I was in Elham Kent found and called at Roy’s house but he has moved back to Bexhill.

CrashBox:

rexyu:
I remember Roy Simons who dove for them for years. He came, like me , from Hailsham, where we went to school together. Lovely cheerful fella, used to meet him in Italy mostly.I wonedr where he is now

A few weeks back I was in Elham Kent found and called at Roy’s house but he has moved back to Bexhill.

Hello there Rexyu I tracked down Roy Simons telephone number as he has moved from Elham to Bexhill and I have spoken to him. I did mention that you had said that you had went to schhol with him and he wondered who you might be.He did mention someone who use to work for Hangartner and I said that I would try to find out if it was you and what your name was.
He is still driving through any agency down near where he now lives.If you can come back and confirm and i will pass any message on to him.

boyzee:
Any of you remember Tommy Peak and his dad who were owner drivers pulling for martintrux in the 70,s.Young Tommy had a new 110 sleeper in martintrux colours,i used to meet him clearing at the clink in south london.He did a lot of swiss an spent a lot of time in the wartec bar in bale.When he finished pulling for martintrux he bought a 141 in red,a left ■■■■■■ and pulled for eissel shipping in east india dock doing spain with a tanker.I saw Tommy a few weeks ago an sadly he looks like he is on bad times.His dad passed away some years ago.I also knew cannonball who drove a km bedford for martintrux he used to clear in baxter hoare,s in erith.

yes I remember Tommy Peak and his dad very well I had many trips with them when running out of Padnall Road Depot for 3 yrs before they moved to chadwell st mary I am now in my 76th year and retired for 12yrs still driving just for pleasure will be going to Holland Germany France Switzerland over Easter with 3 of my 4 children All Adults my nickname on Martintrux was Steptoe and Son my real name Ernie Reid I remember Bill meals on wheels Jock Ozzie also

Hi Steptoe an son,im 67 an still driveing artic,s but it,s not the same now.It seems all rush rush now,all the charactors that you,d meet on trips have gone.I tried to find Tommy a few years ago but with no luck.

Bumped up for Matthancock and his dad Roger.

In fact Matt, if you just put in the search box, Martintrux or Kentvale or better still search for the ‘Trucking In The Eighties’ thread then I am sure that it will keep your dad busy for a few weeks in his retirement. :wink:

B.T.W. does anybody know what ever happened to Trucknet poster ‘harry’. He seemed to disappear so quickly and his posts (and photos) are sadly missed. I hope that he is O.K. :confused:

Regards Steve.

mushroomman:
Bumped up for Matthancock and his dad Roger.

In fact Matt, if you just put in the search box, Martintrux or Kentvale or better still search for the ‘Trucking In The Eighties’ thread then I am sure that it will keep your dad busy for a few weeks in his retirement. :wink:

B.T.W. does anybody know what ever happened to Trucknet poster ‘harry’. He seemed to disappear so quickly and his posts (and photos) are sadly missed. I hope that he is O.K. :confused:

Regards Steve.

He’s been ‘off air’ for a long time now; however David Millar assured us that he is fine. Cheers, Robert

Thanks Robert, that’s good to know that he is alright hopefully he will be writing up his memoirs. :slight_smile:
I would of been very interested to find out about his trip when he hitch hiked to Singapore back in the seventies.

Regards Steve.

Crashbox. Hi, If I remember right it , it was Harry who worked for Hangartners in Arau SWitzerland. hope your still fit and well John,
best regards Tony.

Tony R:
Crashbox. Hi, If I remember right it , it was Harry who worked for Hangartners in Arau SWitzerland. hope your still fit and well John,
best regards Tony.

He also drove an ERF for H. Burkhard in Zurich, Switzerland. Robert

Hi All, I worked for Bill Martin From 1966 til 1973.Best Boss I ever had, a wonderful man to work for.
Now for the question, does anyone out there know the FACTS, the real reason Martintrux folded up ? I have heard quite a few conflicting stories over the years, all feaseable, but which one is FACT, ie the TRUE story. Tony R.

Come on lads, someone on TNCSI must know the answer. Tony.

Wasn’t there some financial involvement / control by the Hilliard family ( father & son) towards the end ? Did that have anything to do with it .

Ozzie, They were involved long before MTX folded.