ESSEX BOYS

chalkey:

Chris Rose - Rainham - later Rose spedition - also had a transcon - wagon&drag

The transcon wagon an drag,driven by the late Wally Tovey who is on the lorry loading.

Hi Chalkey what a fantastic collection of photos brilliant ! The Essex 111 DEV 193T bought a smile to my face cos when I was on for Pat Duffy from Southampton I used to have a 111 DEV 192T :laughing: keep them pics coming good days mate !

Regards Jimski

Blissy:

chalkey:
P&O - ORSET

Trevor Starkes - subby for Orsett - wot a 141 this was swedish scania tag

I was on Frigoscandia out of Stratford Lift with Trev The Rev around about 84/85 and he had this 141 then…think this was before he subbed for Orsett depot…Trevor is still going he has a 3 series V8 and pulls boxes out of the Isle Of Grain as far as I know

Photobucket

Also heres a couple of The Lord Mayor Of Canveys 111
(think you may already have seen these Chalkey)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Lovely looking motor :slight_smile:

Mal young is still going I’m sure that’s him that trades as “young gubbins” pulling put of aldi at Chelmsford…

I definitely agree with mr 141 having grown up not far from maldon/boreham/ Chelmsford I only wish I’d been born 20 years earlier just to have had the chance to have had a crack with Essex int :cry:

What happened to Essex int in the end■■?

Some really good pictures there, i have lived around chelmsford/maldon all my life cant recall where essex int used to be based though?

When did they stop trading aswell because my old man said they had something to do with chelmer shipping ltd, they are out colchester braintree way i think.

Cheers, Max

chalkey:

Chris Rose - Rainham - later Rose spedition - also had a transcon - wagon&drag

**TRANS ALPINE EXPRESS - Any stories on this truck??**Hi hope this helps
This old truck belonged to bloke called Geoff Calcot if my memory’s right?
My dad pulled trailers for TAE at the same time and I met him a couple of times when I was with my dad. He was nice old bloke who i thing was in the RAF during the Second World War? Always made me laugh that the “T” on the doors was the wrong way round!

Must be a owner driver - anyone know who?? this is like crimewatch :smiley:

this photo baffled me for years - whos truck - taken outside Boreham yard - who was it ■■

thats it for today - hope you enjoyed .thanks.
[/quote]

Hullo,
I remember quite a few of the Essex International lads. Whatever became of SuperStar, Dave Burgess, in the Office ? The last I saw of him he was in the Office at Anglo Greek, working for Brian Hogg.
Cheers, Archie.

Darren,Charlie Protheroe owned the 140 and the trans con he was a subbie for freight bus.Chris Rose was in the office at freight bus and later Rose spedition after it went nap.Big Del on here is Charlie,s son,he had an F12 globetrotter on for rose spedition after freight bus.

Chalky, I nicked one of your MAT Transport photos to put on the MAT thread, hope you don’t mind. :smiley:

im only guessing but that last could be one of frank lampards, the ex westham player, he had a few of these in this colour but this one dont look in bad nick unlike lampards ones,
steve.

HI LADS, GOOD SITE ,GREAT PICS I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY TRUCKS BRAIN HAULAGE HAD ON THE M S SHIPPING CONTRACT REGARDS--------HARRY H

chalkey:

Jack Harris must of had a row with Scantrucks when he bought this! :smiley:

The first 112m in the country for ESSEX … here under Jubilee way with a empty skelly back from Livorno.
ESSEX was paid roundtrip for this regular job - sometimes coming home would cream up with a slab of marble from Massa.

Dave clark in France - Essex 2nd ever truck …

I bought a batch of Essex Scanias in early '85 and XHK 600X was one of them,the others were FNO 52Y and A 937 MPU/938/939 these last ones were only about 6 months old when we got them.Cheers Bewick.

Freshly painted and lettered ready to start work in the Bewick fleet where it gave excellent service driven by the late Jim Varney a true Cockney

Bewick:
Freshly painted and lettered ready to start work in the Bewick fleet where it gave excellent service driven by the late Jim Varney a true Cockney

Bloody northerners…steal a motor and de-bling it… Where’s de faccccking Spotlights gone Den ■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In action running south on the M6 one Sunday at the head of a “convoy” of five IIRC from the big shot !! That shot of 600X in the depot was just prior to it being readied for the road so it did get the spots before it “rolled”.If you look on the Model thread you will see it’s sister FNO 52Y was the subject of a lad who makes great models which are an absolute credit to him.However,back to 600X which I believed was the very first R cab into the UK and I’ve seen some Scania publicity shots somewhere of the motor on the Ferry at Dover IIRC Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
In action running south on the M6 one Sunday at the head of a “convoy” of five IIRC from the big shot !! That shot of 600X in the depot was just prior to it being readied for the road so it did get the spots before it “rolled”.If you look on the Model thread you will see it’s sister FNO 52Y was the subject of a lad who makes great models which are an absolute credit to him.However,back to 600X which I believed was the very first R cab into the UK and I’ve seen some Scania publicity shots somewhere of the motor on the Ferry at Dover IIRC Cheers Bewick.

Dennis,
Think your right, on one the first pages of this thread there’s a couple of shots of it on a ferry. Thank the lord you never let it out without the spots, that would never do !!! Haha

Tubbysboy:

Bewick:

Dennis,
Think your right, on one the first pages of this thread there’s a couple of shots of it on a ferry. Thank the lord you never let it out without the spots, that would never do !!! Haha

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :wink:

Hello,

I was a Dutch owner operator,
You will remember the 141 scania, when you did drive to the middle east and spain/portugal and nord africa.

Want to Thank all the UK long haul truck drivers, They were the best colleagues you could wish for,
Always there to help a hand, on the side of the road or in the PUB ; ] :wink:

Those days where for real men, real borders to cross and real trucks, no electric windows, no cruise control, no more ■■■■ that can break down.
THANKS
william
W.S.TRUCKING

Kopie van Scannen0008.jpg

Great thread - some cracking pictures! BUMP :sunglasses: . Robert

Bump for DD. Robert :wink:

newmercman:

chalkey:

young looking Charlie - know any of the others>■■

I think the bloke sitting second from the left is Colin Berry RIP

I can confirm that’s my father Colin Berry and his wife Emy sat on the left in chairs 2 & 3 from the front.