Russels of Bathgate

I have also heard alot about this company. i know they joined the Transport developement group (TDG), and that the owners son now has carntyne tranport (silver & red) & russel logistics (purple). but has anyone got any photos of the original russels of bathgate. i know they used to have an old depot in alloa.

this is the only photo i have of russells of bathgate go it of ex russells driver, in the early 60 sixty there was drivers based at morpeth northumberland, night trunk to hatfield and day trunk to bathgate and return, they had LAD CAB leyland badgers or beaver units, bumper :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I found this one

Regards Pat

thats a rare motor :open_mouth:

Is my mind playing tricks or did they have a big depot Paisley area mostly containers :question:

yup thats after they were russels of bathgate, the moved onto purple motors

Just to clear a few points, Russell of Bathgate was taken over by TDG in the 1960’s, John Russell (Grangemouth) Ltd was also taken over at the same time.
These were two separate companies, although it was hard to distinguish between them.
John Russell ( Grangemouth ) Ltd were based in Linlithgow, they ran a night trunk from there to Morpeth with a step up to Hatfield.

To add to the confusion Russell of Bathgate had a depot in Grangemouth.

Both companies had similar liveries, grey & blue, but Linlithgow was a darker blue than Bathgate, later on in the seventies Linlithgow changed to mainly white with red lettering.

Some time later both companies amalgamated and were based in Grangemouth.

The Purple wagons belong to John G. Russell as does Carntyne Transport, he is the son of Willie Russell, founder of Russell of Bathgate.

Dave.